Go Fund Me for Brian Cooley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Fund Me for Brian Cooley

He may have become a sideshow in the last couple of decades but for those of us who grew up in the Turner Stand he was a hero.

Brian has hit the skids and they have started a Go Fund Me for him.

Are you ready?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-b...cp+share-sheet

Done.

The term Roosters Legend definitely applies to Brian.

NRL Criminals!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

That's sad Johnny, Brian, the Turner Stand and the 1970's roosters where central to my childhood on Sunday afternoons.

Comment

Done.

He must have pointed his bone at Todd.

Best of luck legend.

Chook.

Comment

Dunno the guy but he's obviously given a lot to the club (may not have even been a paid position back then?) and it's awesome to hear that his daughter's taking full-time care of him. This is a massive commitment on her behalf so yep... take my money!

---

I know my mum gave up a lot of $$$ to look after my gran when she got dementia. She knew our gran deserved way better than that having wiped 3.5 (staggered) generations of kids' butts without any fame or fortune (in her days women gave up their careers as soon as they married to focus on the kids, then the grand kids, then the in-betweens and the great grandkids - she was a legal secretary and the next 2.5 generations of us are all lawyers so go figure who made that happen).

Caring for her at home allowed her to live a proper life in her own home (a remote beach house with full frontal sea views) during her last few years. The house was setup with little rows of tea lights that triggered her brain so she could take herself to the toilet, kitchen and bedroom all by herself (with mum cleaning things after her given her restricted capacity aged 97). She could also butter/honey her little square of bread as she'd always done (we always had hundreds of them lying around the house) and take herself out the front for a cuppa tea in the sun... where she just sat among the trees, seashore and animals (including whales, penguins, echidnas and goannas - really special stuff). More than anything it was a dignified way for her to go out.

Well done to Jessica for doing this for Brian. Massive commitment and I always have a great deal of respect for those who are willing to step up for family like this.

Comment

Gus, Freddy, Teddy and dancin Dallas Hood all chipped in...nice to see. Many others 'anonymous' too of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                Done.

The term Roosters Legend definitely applies to Brian.

NRL Criminals!
                He certainly didn't/doesn't like bad decisions that adversely affected/affect us.
                Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-21-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

He certainly didn't like bad decisions that adversely affected us.
                  Even when they weren't bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Even when they weren't bad decisions.
                    LOL.
                    That's what passion can do to you.

Comment

My memories don't go back to the Turner stand in the 1970's unfortunately, but I can certainly recall his passion and intensity at the SFS, particularly when the Chookpen was still on the western side. His near deafening catch cry of "you bloody NRL criminal" was often heard with gusto on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon! I have spoken to him on a number of occasions and he is a good bloke. I wish him and his family all the very best.
                      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Hi everyone sorry haven’t been on for a while. The help you have provided Brian and family has been immense. Thank you for helping the fanily. Makes me even prouder to be a rooster

Comment

He never got the same notoriety as Laurie Nicholls. He was our version of Laurie.

Comment

Working...
                          X