No announcement yet.

When will the NRL penalise the Milkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the NRL penalise the Milkers?

I can just picture the tackled Souffs player using his arms or legs to get our players in a figure 4 leg lock (or arm lock) and start thrashing his legs and jerking his head up and down to milk a penalty. This is like the dive in Soccer. Disgraceful.

When will the league penalise the milkers for putting the game into disrepute?

Watch Reynolds and Cook throwing their arms in the air demanding a penalty every tackle and play the ball tonight.

Comment

Watch how many times Murray hits the defense and starts trying to play the ball before the tackle is complete.

Comment

Bruce Pickett, Seventy Five & Nicola Testa stop thinking that everything is going to go against the Roosters. They will win tonight & some decisions will go against them & some decisions will go in their favour. You are convincing yourselves that the refs/NRL are against the Roosters. You wouldn’t be the most successful team/club since the NRL started if the NRL is out to get you. Your not going to get every decision in your favour & your not going to win the comp every year. Enjoy tonight’s game without picking the sh%t out of it.
        Go the ROOSTERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
          I can just picture the tackled Souffs player using his arms or legs to get our players in a figure 4 leg lock (or arm lock) and start thrashing his legs and jerking his head up and down to milk a penalty. This is like the dive in Soccer. Disgraceful.

When will the league penalise the milkers for putting the game into disrepute?
          On the 12th of never.

Maybe the "new NRL" will do something about it.

Comment

It’s a very good point. Several times the ref called out ‘milking’ last night. If they are confident enough to call it then they should have the ability to penalise it. That will make them stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
              Watch how many times Murray hits the defense and starts trying to play the ball before the tackle is complete.
              This is why I can't give the young fella the same plaudits as the footy community at large, that tactic overshadows his football ability for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                Bruce Pickett, Seventy Five & Nicola Testa stop thinking that everything is going to go against the Roosters. They will win tonight & some decisions will go against them & some decisions will go in their favour. You are convincing yourselves that the refs/NRL are against the Roosters. You wouldn’t be the most successful team/club since the NRL started if the NRL is out to get you. Your not going to get every decision in your favour & your not going to win the comp every year. Enjoy tonight’s game without picking the sh%t out of it.
                Go the ROOSTERS.
                Ha thanks Mickie, you speak a lot of sense as usual. Me, I've never been able to think rationally or impartially when it comes to footy and the Roosters, and BTW just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get us.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy Five View Post

Ha thanks Mickie, you speak a lot of sense as usual. Me, I've never been able to think rationally or impartially when it comes to footy and the Roosters, and BTW just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get us.
                  All good Seventy Five. Go the Chookies.

Comment

I’ll give Milford the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t trying to intentionally hurt the inflictor. But he was trying to milk the penalty.
                    These are the unintended consequences of milking.
                    Radley was filthy about it.

Comment

Can I just say.....
                      Easts record a massive win against the donkeys. 24hrs later the Vermin lose. And now its the beginning of a long weekend....
                      How great is life?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                        I’ll give Milford the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t trying to intentionally hurt the inflictor. But he was trying to milk the penalty.
                        These are the unintended consequences of milking.
                        Radley was filthy about it.
                        watching it 'live' i just thought he was trying to milk the penalty. watching the replay several times, he actually yanks Rads' arm. an unusual one but milford lucky not to be pinged for some kind of dangerous play.

Comment

I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. He knew he had Victor's arm locked, threw himself around like a lunatic making no effort to play the ball. He was clearly milking a penalty and trying to harm or injure. If a defensive player had of done the same thing to an attacker he would have been cited. Is there any update on Rads' elbow?

Comment

Why bother penalising it, it slows the ruck and gives an advantage. Milking may not actually be an offense in the ruls either
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                              Why bother penalising it, it slows the ruck and gives an advantage. Milking may not actually be an offense in the ruls either
                              I think the argument to penalise the milkers is to disincentivise it. Dumber refs fall for it if players continue to have a crack. Its a bit about managing the spirit of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X