No announcement yet.

The upgrade at left centre...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, unless you are a conspiracy theorist, Trell is not a turncoat, he simply wasn't wanted not even for the year to go on his contract. I thought that he was always a handful last night and they should have used him a more close to the line. He kept Liu out of the action for the Murray try and the kid (who was also impressive overall - they're obviously limiting him) had no chance though I, too, wondered if Cronk would have had something extra after seeing his goal line defence in the finals - maybe might've put that dud shoulder on him - but then Murray was, pretty much, over the line.
    Agree with Mickie that Teddy was dynamic, a constant threat and in a game with the new rule playing a bigger fatigue role that that one, he will be dynamite.
    Keary also showing very solid form after time off but Cordner was great and was obviously the missing link in the first two losses. A fine leader by example in attack and D.

Comment

Trell was having meetings with other clubs during the finals and reneged on a handshake agreement.

He's absolutely a turncoat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
        I thought Cronks replacement went ok too
        Indeed.
        What better in a mad mad world than to have a Cronk replacement coached by Cronk.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post

Agree with Mickie that Teddy was dynamic, a constant threat and in a game with the new rule playing a bigger fatigue role that that one, he will be dynamite.
          Keary also showing very solid form after time off but Cordner was great and was obviously the missing link in the first two losses. A fine leader by example in attack and D.
          Amen.

Comment

I definitely saw some venom in toops's returns last night, he usually carts it back strong with the odd dominant gang tackle thrown in.

A couple of those runs, dare I say it were........."angry?"

Our boy's all grown up. 'sheds tear'

Comment

#3peat

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                How good has D Tupou been? He looks physically stronger and makes some great carries. Some nice late footwork with a couple of line breaking assists from offloads as well last night.
                Daniel was IMMENSE last night and got my 3 points. That was a tough game and his contribution was valuable. Remember the Roosters received just two penalties in 70 minutes and no "six again" calls. Toops helped the forwards out wonderfully well. Bravo Daniel.

As for the upgrade at left centre, that was a very good debut for the Roosters and I'm so glad he's a Rooster. His brother was also fantastic.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Indeed.
                  What better in a mad mad world than to have a Cronk replacement coached by Cronk.
                  I'd say that Cronk was training FlanJu to slow everything down, he looked like he had time to do things. Even when he was rushed his kicks were very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Trell was having meetings with other clubs during the finals and reneged on a handshake agreement.

maybe, but what comes out in the media isn't always right and unless nick found out about those meetings in the short time between us offering him a contract and then taking it off the table then you'd figure they were irrelevant. maybe nick knew about the meetings and still wanted him at the club (if Latrell wanted to stay). robbo was always happy to work with Latrell.

seems like we offered him a contract, he said he wanted more time, we took the contract off the table and were able to keep everyone else, he wanted to come back, we said thanks for the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

maybe, but what comes out in the media isn't always right and unless nick found out about those meetings in the short time between us offering him a contract and then taking it off the table then you'd figure they were irrelevant. maybe nick knew about the meetings and still wanted him at the club (if Latrell wanted to stay). robbo was always happy to work with Latrell.

seems like we offered him a contract, he said he wanted more time, we took the contract off the table and were able to keep everyone else, he wanted to come back, we said thanks for the memories.
                      Yeah, as mentioned, our players seemed to appreciate him after the game and Robbo seems to like him.

Pity it all came to this. Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

He had to show his bookmaker that he was doing everything he could to pay off his debts.

Comment

Working...
                        X