Lindsay Collins 272 metres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I was bitterly disappointed there was no Hall & Oates reference from them.
    There was on Fox. I was briefly confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post
      I love Collins. I think he has has been slow to develop but around the back end of last season he started to hit his straps. I am a big fan.
      Sounds like you want to boof him too.

Comment

Will only get better.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Bet he's happy he didn't stay at Brizzy.

Comment

Remember when there was a little talk a while back of us going after Lodge. After Friday I'm still happy they were just rumours

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              I think we often expect too much, too soon of young NRL players. Especially halves and forwards.

Freddy spoke about this the other day. The average age of an NFL draftee is roughly 22 years. So they're not even competing against the big boys until they're in their early 20s.

In contrast in the NRL we have this perception that if you aren't tearing it up at 20/21 then you've been somewhat of a slow developer.

SBW, Taumalolo and Haas are the very rare exception, not the rule. As for halves I can't think of any 21 year olds or younger that were world beaters.

Back to Freddy, he suggested that players should be coming into the NRL later but due to modern science, also playing longer.

So Collins hitting hit straps at 24 can still have a tremendous 10 year NRL career.

I will also say that what these young players need more than anything is great coaching. Who knows what would have become of Collins had he spent the last few years under a gronk like Mary McGregor. He may well have ruined his career.

That's why these kids like Collins, Sitili and Poasa re-sign for less at the Roosters into their early 20s than take more money to go play for the likes of Mary, Kearney and Dean Pay.

They know they'll have a much better chance of becoming high quality first graders and increased prospects of a longer career under a great coach they can trust.
              1 million percent.
              Ands thats what is so comical on here when you read someones post who mentioins Sam Walker playing FG. Could you imagine if they picked him & he wasnt instantly running the show, people would call him a dud like some are calling Kyle a dud.

Someone will reply Brandy Alexander but I agree with you.

And Collins was unreal the other night.

Comment

Working...
              X