All hands on deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All hands on deck

for all the players that took to the field, Teddy resumes full training from tomorrow, so we should be 1-17 for Doggies clash. Up on Chooks website.

Includes Radley...

> Victor Radley was taken from the field late in the match with a sore elbow, but has been since cleared of serious injury.

> All 17 players that took to the field in Round 4 are expected to be available for selection in Sunday's Round 5 match against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Comment

With a 6 day turnaround to a big game against the Eels I wouldn't be shocked if Robbo shuffled the forward pack a little bit against the Dogs, could see Cordner being managed and Maubs or Tupouniua being brought in, also wouldn't be surprised if Verrills got extended game time if we have the match in hand by half time much like Collins given extra game time against the Broncos and JWH being rested.

Comment

I don’t consider the Eels a big game. They beat Titans, Tigers and Broncos and should have lost to Manly. They are average. Big game for them. Not for us

Comment

I would be resting Victor that looked like a nasty injury and anyone else with any niggles. We have the best depth of any squad and Robbo has shown with his resting of rep players during origin in the past he is all about timing his run for the finals.
          Bellamy made a great point the other day about squad rotation being essential this year with no reserve grade because the back up players need a hit out as they will lose motivation just training and not playing.

Comment

Cordner has played two games in 7 months.

Surely he doesn't need managing.

Let's take the Dogs game seriously and play our full strength side. With the shortened comp there can be no slip ups against the cellar dwellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              I don’t consider the Eels a big game. They beat Titans, Tigers and Broncos and should have lost to Manly. They are average. Big game for them. Not for us
              We have Parra in between Dogs and Mary’s Mc Idiots after those games we have Storm, Cowgirls and the one trick pony ball strippers, we nail this run undefeated then Trent can manage our boys over the middle period, of those 6 games I don’t see how any one of them beat Easts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Cordner has played two games in 7 months.

Surely he doesn't need managing.

Let's take the Dogs game seriously and play our full strength side. With the shortened comp there can be no slip ups against the cellar dwellers.
                Cordner's knee is absolutely shot he will need to be managed for the rest of his playing career, was interesting to listen to Robbo during the covid-19 enforced break and he mentioned that Cordner probably would of missed another 2-4 weeks at the start of the season on top of the initial 2 weeks he missed.

Like it or not there is going to be rotation within the squad in games against the lower ranked teams this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  They were better than manly for most of the game, but at the end of the day, they are Parra whereas we beat ourselves v Manly cause we had many chances to win that but we had to continue the trend of starting slow.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

They were better than manly for most of the game, but at the end of the day, they are Parra whereas we beat ourselves v Manly cause we had many chances to win that but we had to continue the trend of starting slow.
                    Manly were cooked up like a Christmas turkey. Apart from "that" forward ball call, the Kane Evans try wasn't. Inconsistent 6 again reffing again favoured Parra. Manly will beat them home this year I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Manly were cooked up like a Christmas turkey. Apart from "that" forward ball call, the Kane Evans try wasn't. Inconsistent 6 again reffing again favoured Parra. Manly will beat them home this year I think.
                      Agree the slime definitely received assistant from the officials, however Manly’s strength and weakness is that Tom Turbo is heavily relied upon to create points. I’m a huge fan of both of those boys ( Turbo’s) Manase Fainu is a massive loss Danny Levi is not even reserve grade material.
                      Imagine paying your halfback over $1million dollars a season for ten years and he can’t even get you a set restart a try/line break assist or take the game by the neck and demand the ball on 5th tackle plays or manage a game or recognise how hard his forwards are playing to keep them in the game and roll a ball out to give them a break he’s in the Adam Reynolds mould of give it to the debutant to create, DCE is grossly overrated if you want a field goal he won’t miss though and the rest of the backline is garbage solid forwards, DCE is a goblin who fooled Manly into paying him way overs, money well spent. If Tom goes down put a line through them.

Comment

Working...
                      X