Craig Fitzgibbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Trent didn't play for the Roosters. My logic is that he shouldn't coach the Tigers. At least within living memory of anyone at the club.
    Robbo did play in the minor grades at the roosters...someone here posted a clip of him recently.

I hate to see Fitzy leave for any club but especially for the shambles St George are in.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
      fitzy has earned the right to do what he wants. as far as on field/coaching box achievers he's one of our best.

saints are obviously a good fit for him with his connections to the Illawarra.

if he thinks he might regret not throwing his hat in the ring he should go for it. if he's happy at the roosters he's obviously more than welcome to stay. maybe he's one of those guys who doesn't want the limelight.
      Kojak Fitzy was last involved with Dragons in 1999- 21 years ago - I would think the Dragons would have the NRL reinstate Flanagan so he could take over if required - don't have the money to pay out McGregor though be over 1 mill to pay him out

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
        I would be very surprised if any assistant coach worth their salt didnt have head Coach aspirations.

Dont forget Frank (Fitzy) is an old Steelers/Saints boy. Looks the right fit.
        gees Kojak Fitzy last played for them in 1999- played 2 seasons only- 1 at Steelers in 1998 and 1 at STG-Illawarra in 1999 - 35 games- 229 games/10 years as player for Chooks and 9th year in assistance coaching roles at the Chooks - so more a Chooks old boy- Front runner for the Knights Job but pulled out - I know he still lives down the South Coast but one would think he would have taken a safer 1st year head coach option at the Knights who have a decent roster than wait for the Dragons job and inherit a roster that needs major refreshing one has to say. Jason Ryles been tossed up as Dragons head coach possibility lately too

Comment

Fitzy will bide his time. I am impressed by his loyalty, though. He has learned so much off the Roosters staff.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
          X