Why I'm not surprised....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm not surprised....

59-0 against an understrength Broncos team and all the experts bemoan how poorly the Brisbane team performed.
    There was only a cursory nod to the great performance of the Roosters. The poetic sweeps across the field from one side to the other. The rampant forward charges through the middle and the ability of every player to score or potentially score.
    I have followed Easts since the great 1974-75 victories and like most supporters......I've witnessed in frustration as we became the most penalised club (by the referees) for over a decade.
    All the statistics clearly show this and whilst players and coaches have come and gone....nothing it seemed, would stop the majority of refs controlling and penalising us differently to most other teams.
    This was mostly in the area of discretionary penalties such as lying too long in the ruck or strictly maintaining the 10 metres but also very often, in viewing the 50:50 calls of 'stripped' balls or 'loose' carries.
    To try to combat being penalised out of the game......under Trent Robinson, we have become the quickest club to release the opposing tackled player whilst the other clubs have been given total latitude in wrestling, holding-down and slowing our play-the-balls.
    Despite (or perhaps because of) this uneven policing over the years......Easts have had to become greater and better than any other club, to achieve the victories and successes it has

And now we have the six-again rule and suddenly the other teams have to release us quickly from the tackles........whilst we simply play the same way we have developed over the last five years without wrestling or slowing the play.
    And now we have the Captain's Challenge as well, to expose biased adjudication with knock-ons, strips and loose-carries.

I expect us to rack up similar scores against better opposition throughout this season and if we do.....complacency will be our only nemesis

You know what I'm surprised about , I actually picked Manly tonight , sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by Halcro View Post
      59-0 against an understrength Broncos team and all the experts bemoan how poorly the Brisbane team performed.
      There was only a cursory nod to the great performance of the Roosters.
      The poetic sweeps across the field from one side to the other. The rampant forward charges through the middle and the ability of every player to score or potentially score.
      I have followed Easts since the great 1974-75 victories and like most supporters......I've witnessed in frustration as we became the most penalised club (by the referees) for over a decade.
      All the statistics clearly show this and whilst players and coaches have come and gone....nothing it seemed, would stop the majority of refs controlling and penalising us differently to most other teams.
      This was mostly in the area of discretionary penalties such as lying too long in the ruck or strictly maintaining the 10 metres but also very often, in viewing the 50:50 calls of 'stripped' balls or 'loose' carries.
      To try to combat being penalised out of the game......under Trent Robinson, we have become the quickest club to release the opposing tackled player whilst the other clubs have been given total latitude in wrestling, holding-down and slowing our play-the-balls.
      Despite (or perhaps because of) this uneven policing over the years......Easts have had to become greater and better than any other club, to achieve the victories and successes it has

And now we have the six-again rule and suddenly the other teams have to release us quickly from the tackles........whilst we simply play the same way we have developed over the last five years without wrestling or slowing the play.
      And now we have the Captain's Challenge as well, to expose biased adjudication with knock-ons, strips and loose-carries.

I expect us to rack up similar scores against better opposition throughout this season and if we do.....complacency will be our only nemesis
      If a full strength Broncos beat a Roosters side 59-0 without Tedesco, Manu, Cordner, Gus, Friend, Radley & Moretti, Tuipulotu, Kepaoa & Egan Butcher all made their first grade debut would you give much praise to the Broncos?

Comment

broncs were never going to win that game but to lose it so badly was a really bad sign. we narrowly lost a few games in early 2002 when we had a lot of players out but we fought all the way and went on to win the comp. no way will the broncs win it when they get all their players back.

Comment

Broncos up 18 blot against Manly after 33 minutes . Makes our win more of a statement !

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post
            Broncos up 18 blot against Manly after 33 minutes . Makes our win more of a statement !
            How bout now?
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Halcro View Post
              There was only a cursory nod to the great performance of the Roosters. The poetic sweeps across the field from one side to the other. The rampant forward charges through the middle and the ability of every player to score or potentially score.

I'm glad you brought this up, gronkos are shit but....yea what he said ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

How bout now?
                We beat a Broncos outfit 59/0 that lost by only 2 points against the chip stealers, some say one of our major hurdles to a 3peat . I'd say we're going alright tracksuit renter .

Comment

I tipped Brisbane and they should've won, that try by Darius Boyd was a fair try. As I said Manly are overrated, they are ordinary.

Comment

We beat a Broncos outfit 59/0 that lost by only 2 points against the chip stealers, some say one of our major hurdles to a 3peat . I'd say we're going alright tracksuit renter .
                    We should've beaten them convincingly, we bombed 4 or 5 tries. Can't wait to play them again.

Comment

I'm with ya Ray next time we'll really cut loose
                      Last edited by Crab; 06-11-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Both those sides are irrelevant. This is STILL our time!
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                          I tipped Brisbane and they should've won, that try by Darius Boyd was a fair try. As I said Manly are overrated, they are ordinary.
                          Typical cheating by DCE to dive in the line like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                            Ray I wouldn’t be going with the, “As I said” line seeing you told us all that Nikoroma was our saviour.

Comment

Working...
                            X