Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Eels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

Your score prediction on the first page of this thread was almost perfect. Well done.
    He’s close all the time. And always has a crack at the score

Well done Ed
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Your score prediction on the first page of this thread was almost perfect. Well done.
      We'll put at least 40 on st merge

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie View Post

We'll put at least 40 on st merge
        I hope you're right eddie as that would start next weekend off beautifully.

The merge have been on the slight improve of late so it I don't see it being that lopsided and JDB could be back for this game. A win by 18 perhaps.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          He’s close all the time. And always has a crack at the score

Well done Ed
          Wasn't aware of that Skeez and if I was, it would be tempting to back eddie's judgement with a small 'gamble responsibly' wager, alas, I don't wager.

While I'm here, a question for you - do you think the two relatively easier games before the eels game were not the ideal preparation for the eels?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I hope you're right eddie as that would start next weekend off beautifully.

The merge have been on the slight improve of late so it I don't see it being that lopsided and JDB could be back for this game. A win by 18 perhaps.
            I wouldn't be surprised if we flog them so badly that McGregor finally gets punted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if we flog them so badly that McGregor finally gets punted.
              Well, on paper, the merge should be far better than they've shown, but coach McGregor does some odd things with his 17.

A conundrum for you: if the Roosters heavily defeat the merge, McGregor gets punted, and Craig Fitzgibbon takes the merge head coach role, did the Roosters 'win?'

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Well, on paper, the merge should be far better than they've shown, but coach McGregor does some odd things with his 17.

A conundrum for you: if the Roosters heavily defeat the merge, McGregor gets punted, and Craig Fitzgibbon takes the merge head coach role, did the Roosters 'win?'
                Interesting way to look at it! I think McGregor is already gone. Its just a matter of when. But will Fitzy go there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post

Interesting way to look at it! I think McGregor is already gone. Its just a matter of when. But will Fitzy go there?
                  Mate, I hope Fitzy has more sense than to take up that poisoned chalice. You're right about mcgregor being a case of when, much like Kearney.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Wasn't aware of that Skeez and if I was, it would be tempting to back eddie's judgement with a small 'gamble responsibly' wager, alas, I don't wager.

While I'm here, a question for you - do you think the two relatively easier games before the eels game were not the ideal preparation for the eels?
                    Not necessarily. They could only play who they were drawn to;

I just think the Eels had a plan to use against us, run at the inexperienced edge of Flanagan and Manu, and they had the pack to get them into a position to attack.

The attacking practice they got out of the first two complimented the defensive structures and grit they got out of the Parra game.
                    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                      Jurgen Klopp calls Liverpool “Mentality Monsters”. We are the “mentality monsters” of the NRL. No Teddy, Rads off for a HIA and against a very good side.
                      Very good points often I find opposition teams are already defeated before they even take the field. I was against this six again rule, Gee whiz how wrong I was Easts have adapted the best so far. We have a lot of soft games coming up with a couple difficult assignments.

Steelers
                      Storm
                      Cowboys
                      Raiders
                      Warriors
                      Titans
                      Steelers

If we can make it to after the Raiders game undefeated we will be 8-2 with three consecutive soft matches it can 11-2 by the time we face the Storm again. That would probably have us at 1st at worst 2nd. We don’t play anyone above us in that period.

Comment

Working...
                      X