I think im wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think im wrong

Before the restart of the competition I said I though the loss of Cronk and Mitchell would be too much to overcome to win 3 straight. The new rule changes have changed the gane and it suits our team. We can definitely win the comp
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

We replaced the best left centre in the comp with... the new best left centre in the comp.

Think about it... at club level who would you swap Jmoz for from all the blokes playing left centre on a week to week basis? He is a defensive force of nature who has not so quietly been ripping it up in attack, too.

Cronk is still a big loss and once again we won't know how big a loss until the finals. I'll never forget how he got us over the line in the Storm prelim. That was his value; not so much the chalk and cheese of regular season footy.

But Flanagan has been very impressive so far. He has a bigger boot than Cronk and is great at nailing the opposition deep onto their tryline so he's added to our team in other ways.

Comment

I thought that in order to win this year we needed a number of players to step up consistently to cover the loss of Cronk & Latrell, and it seems Gus, Rads, Collins could be those players. Keary to take more a leadership role, and as scary as it is, Teddy has room to become even better than last year.

The Mozzes are just pure class, and I still don't understand the headspace of saints/dogs/sharks in not wanting them (their results and decisions are reflective of their whole organisations at the moment). They are delivering twice as much as we are probably paying them, which is what every team needs.

What a time to be a fan of the Chooks.

Comment

early days but we've been the best team in the comp since the restart by a fair bit. yes, cronk's value was in the big games but flanno is looking like he won't let anyone down - and he's been very steady with the boot.

Comment

Yes, I agree, we can still win, but it is a mountain to climb. Worse for Robbo than Kilimanjaro, but not insurmountable either. It would be the most amazing, character-filled feat if we could pull it off. It is going to be a fascinating 13 or so weeks coming up, that is for sure and certain.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
          X