Teams up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
    Grant Atkins is the ref, again. He did the Broncos, Dogs and this one. My only problem with him is that he seems to be pedantic about playing he ball 100% correctly. Any signs that the ball doesn't roll back with the subtleness of a swiss watch, he will award a scrum to the other team like he did with Angus and Sitili and also DWZ in the same game, whereas Cummins didn't care just as long as the ball went cleanly to the dummy half. Is Atkins being too pedantic or should he be this strict?
    I like Atkins he referees us fairly and gives us a fair go which is all you can ask for unlike Cummins or Klein. How these blokes have stayed up the top of the ranks under the Bernie Sutton regime is criminal. They love the six again on the 4th tackle which is a killer on the gas tank of the team defending.
    The one saving grace of the one ref rule is that we don't have badger anymore though it is entertaining watching him as a touch judge where you can often find him 10 metres in the field of play barking like a pocket ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
      Theres no way Teddy plays......is there??? Surely not
      He's captain of my supercoach team - hope he plays
      There's a reason why the young and idealistic become the old and cynical.
      It's called experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyHarry View Post

He's captain of my supercoach team - hope he plays
        No one gives a shit about your supercoach.

Comment

I cant see Teddy not playing. If anyone should be rested it should be Jake Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            I cant see Teddy not playing. If anyone should be rested it should be Jake Friend.
            Why does Jake need a rest? He has played 4 games in in the last 2.5 months.

Comment

Sorry mate
              you must have mistaken me for someone who cares what you think
              There's a reason why the young and idealistic become the old and cynical.
              It's called experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

I like Atkins he referees us fairly and gives us a fair go which is all you can ask for unlike Cummins or Klein. How these blokes have stayed up the top of the ranks under the Bernie Sutton regime is criminal. They love the six again on the 4th tackle which is a killer on the gas tank of the team defending.
                The one saving grace of the one ref rule is that we don't have badger anymore though it is entertaining watching him as a touch judge where you can often find him 10 metres in the field of play barking like a pocket ref.
                Like I said, Atkins is OK but I did notice that interpretation of the play the ball was pedantic especially since the game is being taken to a faster pace, something that Cummins didn't bother about. As for Cummins last week, well a lot of the six again he gave against us I was ok with because I could see that we still take that extra fraction to get off the tackled player. I was calling many of them before he gave them and was also looking at Parra tackles. He gave us good penalties so Overall I was fine with him. The only time I will have an issue with a ref will be when we have one of them makes a massive blunder to cause us to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Like I said, Atkins is OK but I did notice that interpretation of the play the ball was pedantic especially since the game is being taken to a faster pace, something that Cummins didn't bother about. As for Cummins last week, well a lot of the six again he gave against us I was ok with because I could see that we still take that extra fraction to get off the tackled player. I was calling many of them before he gave them and was also looking at Parra tackles. He gave us good penalties so Overall I was fine with him. The only time I will have an issue with a ref will be when we have one of them makes a massive blunder to cause us to lose.
                  Yep. Cummins gave the Eels three crucial 4th tackle "6 to go's" early in the 2nd half; but they were all deserved. A reward for strong carries which saw the Eels get on top during that period.

I couldn't complain about any of the calls and felt as though we should have been smarter in getting off the tackled player earlier so late in the tackle count. Alas it's still a learning curve and Robbo & the boys will adjust.

Comment

Atkins is probably the best ref out of the bunch. Yes, he’s pedantic but he gives his fair share of penalties/6 agains to both sides unlike some refs who seemingly give them at random or favour one side over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Yep. Cummins gave the Eels three crucial 4th tackle "6 to go's" early in the 2nd half; but they were all deserved. A reward for strong carries which saw the Eels get on top during that period.

I couldn't complain about any of the calls and felt as though we should have been smarter in getting off the tackled player earlier so late in the tackle count. Alas it's still a learning curve and Robbo & the boys will adjust.
                      Yeah Nat gave one six again when after doing that charge down on Moses and late in that next set he gives another by tending to push off the tackled player in trying to get up which meant that by now they had 3 sets of six in a row. Manu and I think Angus gave away six again in the same manner while SST grabbed the legs of the tackled player and then decided to look at the ref. LET GO! I screamed. Yeah it’s all a learning curve!
                      Last edited by ROC181; 06-24-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                        Atkins is probably the best ref out of the bunch. Yes, he’s pedantic but he gives his fair share of penalties/6 agains to both sides unlike some refs who seemingly give them at random or favour one side over the other.
                        Yes he’s consistent in that play the ball aspect but overall inconsistent with other refs interpretation but if he wants to ensure that the play the ball is consistent with the rules he should also look at the way the tackled player faces the right way and the markers are square. Overall I have no issue with all the refs. I can understand that their trying to get used to he speed of the game while doing it by themselves.

As for Klein, well what about his smackdown on Smith the other night! Smithy is on notice lol!

Comment

Keen to see the captains run gallery tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if Teddy is in the photos. Should get a good idea of the 17 taking the field after the gallery

Comment

I can Liu or Gus having a break aswell as teddy. Keeping a fit roster is key.
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Teddy not in a single photo from todays captain run...

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...-run--round-7/

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                                Teddy not in a single photo from todays captain run...

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...-run--round-7/
                                Couldnt see Halldog either though? Maybe Maubs to centre..

Comment

Working...
                                X