Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we rating our players performances too critically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we rating our players performances too critically?

It seems to me that some of us are being too critical of our players performances lately.

I realise that the high standard being consistently delivered makes the mistakes glaring; but this is a tough sport and competition is high.

I like seeing players grow and become better players. It shows that coaching works and pays respect to the team rather than the individual.

Maybe we need to ease up on the criticism and enjoy the fallibilities as much as the harmony.
    Yes, Trent demands 100%, so should we
    38.89%
    No, even the best make mistakes
    50.00%
    Dunno?
    11.11%
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

why are you posting this thread now?

why not two decades ago?

posters have diff styles and some like to put the boot in. personally i'd only put the boot in if someone wasn't having a go. still, there's always a place for constructive criticism.

Comment

Players shouldn't be criticized if they are giving 100% such as big Lindsay last year dropping a few balls and stuff , it's only when they act like they are disinterested like someone that left for so called greener pastures recently that I believe they should be judge harshly , just because there is talent doesn't mean commitment

Comment

Maybe Im missing something, but we have been absolutely killing it post resumption.

Has there been criticisms?

Comment

Can’t be certain of when I first found the wall, prob around 2001. Would love to read what I was writing about back then.

My favourite parts of the Parra game was:
          * Jake defying pain,
          * Victor copping it and giving it back with interest
          * Tupou playing on after looking like he suffered injury
          * Cordners huge runs to get us out of trouble

They all revolved around overcoming adversity and then prevailing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            Can’t be certain of when I first found the wall, prob around 2001. Would love to read what I was writing about back then.

My favourite parts of the Parra game was:
            * Jake defying pain,
            * Victor copping it and giving it back with interest
            * Tupou playing on after looking like he suffered injury
            * Cordners huge runs to get us out of trouble

They all revolved around overcoming adversity and then prevailing.
            i would love to win every game by 50 and i'm happy to win by 1, but those games where you're really put to the test but prevail are always especially satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              Maybe Im missing something, but we have been absolutely killing it post resumption.

Has there been criticisms?
              Yep random thread.

Despite the false basis behind it, I reckon our players can do a lot better and we should keep aiming to improve every week.

The last two weeks we have gone missing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, which is a valid reason to be concerned. If we don't iron that out, we could be in trouble.

Originally posted by zac View Post

i would love to win every game by 50 and i'm happy to win by 1, but those games where you're really put to the test but prevail are always especially satisfying.
              Agreed. They are the moments that make your season (even if the Eels don't go on to be the team to beat simply because they won 5/6 early on.

Winning by 50 is never just because you're amazing. It invariably requires a significant amount of shyteness from your opposition to let so many tries in without scoring any. Such games are fun but I often find you can't take much home from them.
              Last edited by ism22; 06-25-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep random thread.

Despite the false basis behind it
                , I reckon our players can do a lot better and we should keep aiming to improve every week.

The last two weeks we have gone missing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, which is a valid reason to be concerned. If we don't iron that out, we could be in trouble.
                is it confining itself to recent criticisms or is it speaking more generally? if you look at the chookpen more generally it's a valid thread?

Comment

Fallibilities, love it. If only I knew what it meant.

Comment

Lol.. being called random by Ismael.. that’ll do me. Thanks bud

Comment

I am happy to criticise, but it should always be constructive rather than destructive, and is not generally forthcoming provided the effort is there. We should be so happy with what has been achieved and not get too unrealistic.
                      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

It’s a public forum and opinions are like arseholes...everyone’s got one.

As long as it doesn’t breach forum guidelines, everyone is entitled to say what they want here. After frequenting these sites for the last few decades, if a player has coped a barrage of criticism, they have probably deserved it. It stimulates debate on here and brings fans to these forums. So stop being a snowflake.
                        Last edited by Roosterfarian; 07-31-2020, 08:43 AM.
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

I used to say that this isn't a cult and we can criticise, boo, whatever we want.

We have just won two comps and had unbelievable success under Robbo.

For me at the moment it is a cult and I can't bring myself to bag anyone.

The Cult of Robbo.

Go Easts!

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                            It’s a public forum and opinions are like arseholes...everyone’s got one.

As long as it doesn’t breach forum guidelines, everyone is entitled to say what they want here. After frequenting these sites for the last few decades, if a player has coped a barrage of criticism, they have probably deserved it. It stimulates debate on here and brings fans to these forums. So stop being a snowflake.
                            Well said mate.

Comment

Cant be critical considering the injury toll but can be critical of the surviving leaders error rates ...that needs criticism and addressing by the coach without the 6 we can still beat teams to get points and the next 2 games I will put down as the most crucial 4 points to keep in touch -titans and Stmerge are extremely important wins needed ..it may define the season we are in
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                              X