Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were there a fake horn and 'viking clap' noises over our PA system last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is having a viking as a mascot politically correct nowdays as after all they were raiders pillagers and mass murderer's.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...n-9241032.html

Canterbury Crusaders were under pressure to change their name - kept the name but changed the logo from Knight with a sword to that of a Maori motif

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/1...crusaders-name

Last edited by King Salvo; 07-18-2020, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      Is having a viking as a mascot politically correct nowdays as after all they were raiders pillagers and mass murderer's.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...n-9241032.html

Canterbury Crusaders were under pressure to change their name - kept the name but changed the logo from Knight with a sword to that of a Maori motif

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/1...crusaders-name
      seriously mate , that's bs, it's part of history, some people need to get over shit that happened 1200 years ago , I'm sick of all this pc bs. if your gay your no hero, just go about your business, most of us don't care. your black , yea so what? I'll treat you the way you treat me, no prejudice, your religious? yea it's all farking make believe but yea go for it ... just all of you harden the fark up stop complaining

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

seriously mate , that's bs, it's part of history, some people need to get over shit that happened 1200 years ago , I'm sick of all this pc bs. if your gay your no hero, just go about your business, most of us don't care. your black , yea so what? I'll treat you the way you treat me, no prejudice, your religious? yea it's all farking make believe but yea go for it ... just all of you harden the fark up stop complaining
        We still celebrate commemorate Christmas and Easter though and these events occurred over 2000 years ago supposedly.

Comment

[QUOTE=King Salvo;n838024]

We still celebrate commemorate Christmas and Easter though and these events occurred over 2000 years ago

I happy to abolish Xmas in favour of summer holidays and gift giving day. 25 th Dec, 26 th Dec,

easter can become gorge yourself on chocolate Friday.

Easter Monday can commemorate the diving saints day ...circ...circa 2016.

Anzac day remains ...

Labour day remains

queens birthday ...beco...becomdon bradmans bday ...more relevant

1st november ...random day off ..

done fixed.

Comment

I happy to abolish Xmas in favour of summer holidays and gift giving day. 25 th Dec, 26 th Dec,

easter can become gorge yourself on chocolate Friday.

Easter Monday can commemorate the diving saints day ...circ...circa 2016.

Anzac day remains ...

Labour day remains

queens birthday ...beco...becomdon bradmans bday ...more relevant

1st november ...random day off ..

done fixed.

gold

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Yeah I saw that ...but a few of our supporters were no better.
              I travelled from the Lower Blue Mountains last night with my Wife and daughters aged 14 & 4. Yes it was a miserable night weather wise but fark me what a pathetic turn out for the defending Premiers first legit home game of the year.
              We're in a pandemic...the Super Strain from Victoria has arrived...virtually 'dripping' off the infected....
              spreading everywhere....people are afraid of dying or having amputations...afraid of getting blood clots and having lifelong disabilities...as Covid-19 shuts down their organs.

Surprising there were that many supporters there.
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 07-19-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

We're in a pandemic...the Super Strain from Victoria has arrived...virtually 'dripping' off the infected....
                spreading everywhere....people are afraid of dying or having amputations...afraid of getting blood clots and having lifelong disabilities...as Covid-19 shuts down their organs.

Surprising there were that many supporters there.
                Some people still don't get it BB. We've lost 4 family and friends since May. Don't waste your time and energy arguing. Stay safe
                "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Well said mate.

Free speech now has a heavy price. Feels like 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Well said mate.

Free speech now has a heavy price. Feels like 1984.
                    A lot of so called free speech comes from a place of hatred and ignorance...please refer to my below autosig.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

A lot of so called free speech comes from a place of hatred and ignorance...please refer to my below autosig.
                      for me 'politically correct' has lost meaning. depends what you mean by it. if it can mean wearing a face mask then that will do me.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

for me 'politically correct' has lost meaning. depends what you mean by it. if it can mean wearing a face mask then that will do me.
                        I agree. People who still want to live in the dark ages, be stubborn, ignorant and narrow minded blame political correctness when they are called out for bad behaviour. It has nothing to do with politics. It's called being evolved, informed, moving with the times and open to new ideas and a fresh way of thinking. Trent Robinson is a brilliant example of a forward thinking leader.

Comment

something to think about as the Washington redskins in nfl are changing their name and I suggest pressure will put on the Cleveland Indians and the Atlanta Braves in the MLB(Baseball) to change their names too. Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL are also under pressure to change their name.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                            something to think about as the Washington redskins in nfl are changing their name and I suggest pressure will put on the Cleveland Indians and the Atlanta Braves in the MLB(Baseball) to change their names too. Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL are also under pressure to change their name.
                            Oh, I hope so. If we can just change the names of sports teams and get rid of those offensive comedy programs, I can't see any more racial problems existing.

Comment

The world has gone mad. The place is just screwed and the Internet is to blame.

call it as you see it.

Go the Roosters.

that is all.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Oh, I hope so. If we can just change the names of sports teams and get rid of those offensive comedy programs, I can't see any more racial problems existing.
                                It's called working towards a better tomorrow. A lot of those so called comedy shows may have been funny back in the 1970's but we live in different times and thank goodness for that. Any enlightened intelligent person would embrace change, not rail against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X