Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were there a fake horn and 'viking clap' noises over our PA system last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
    The world has gone mad. The place is just screwed and the Internet is to blame.

call it as you see it.

Go the Roosters.

that is all.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      something to think about as the Washington redskins in nfl are changing their name and I suggest pressure will put on the Cleveland Indians and the Atlanta Braves in the MLB(Baseball) to change their names too. Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL are also under pressure to change their name.
      What a complete and utter wank ☺️☺️
      Last edited by Crab; 07-24-2020, 09:42 PM. Reason: Not angry my dear feathered friends , the vagaries of text ...

Comment

is name changing a bad thing? maybe it's ineffective in changing real problems but why the anger?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          is name changing a bad thing? maybe it's ineffective in changing real problems but why the anger?
          if they ever attempted to change either

a) the roosters name
          b) our jersey
          c ) tamper with our history

I'll stop watchin the game .

Comment

Just be proud of who you are and where you came from I reckon . No need to rewrite history

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

if they ever attempted to change either

a) the roosters name
              b) our jersey
              c ) tamper with our history

I'll stop watchin the game .
              we've had 3 diff names in the last quarter of a century and we have a new jersey every season. but yeah, i'm more roosters than league, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Just be proud of who you are and where you came from I reckon . No need to rewrite history
                geoff blainey, a good historian, talked about the black armband view of history - and he had a point. but he also warned v the 3 cheers view of aus history. we've got a lot to be proud of but that doesn't mean we can't be honest. if we were the eastern suburbs golliwogs i'd support a change of name.

Comment

geoff blainey, a good historian, talked about the black armband view of history - and he had a point. but he also warned v the 3 cheers view of aus history. we've got a lot to be proud of but that doesn't mean we can't be honest. if we were the eastern suburbs golliwogs i'd support a change of name.
                  Agree with your last point , Roosters has a much better ring to it .

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

It's called working towards a better tomorrow. A lot of those so called comedy shows may have been funny back in the 1970's but we live in different times and thank goodness for that. Any enlightened intelligent person would embrace change, not rail against it.
                    Imagine a world without Peter Andre singing 'Get Down On It' while wearing a wig and dark make-up. I wouldn't have had a childhood...

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post
                      Agree with your last point , Roosters has a much better ring to it .
                      clap clap
                      clap clap clap
                      clap clap clap clap
                      golliwogs

don't so sound so hot, eh.

any way i'm gonna watch a movie and will then be off to bed.
                      good night to all roosters fans wherever you may be

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

You might be waiting a while yet to hear from Mr Ed tonight!
                        Mr Ed will never speak unless he has something to say

Comment

Time to kick the Vermin out of the comp as there is no such things as a “rabbitoh” anymore ...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Imagine a world without Peter Andre singing 'Get Down On It' while wearing a wig and dark make-up. I wouldn't have had a childhood...
                            He was the support act for Madonna when I saw her at the SCG .
                            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

There are always going to be angry people Zac. Some people just don't want to be happy or be in healthy respectful relationships or friendships. They sabotage anything good that comes their way, resist change, be deliberately inflammatory to gain attention and remain stubborn in their views without letting anyone else in. It's draining having someone like that around and not worth the effort.
                              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

He was the support act for Madonna when I saw her at the SCG .
                                I think it’s offensive to call him a support act RWB. It undermines his individuality as a stand alone performer and would suggest he isn’t as talented as Madonna and that’s a real value judgement.

I think the term support act should be scrapped altogether - I mean aren’t we better than that these days it’s 2020 for goodness sake. Going forward I would strongly suggest we call these acts the “first act” rather than the the undermining and condescending term support act. It makes me sick even just typing it out right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X