Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were there a fake horn and 'viking clap' noises over our PA system last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

I think it’s offensive to call him a support act RWB. It undermines his individuality as a stand alone performer and would suggest he isn’t as talented as Madonna and that’s a real value judgement.

I think the term support act should be scrapped altogether - I mean aren’t we better than that these days it’s 2020 for goodness sake. Going forward I would strongly suggest we call these acts the “first act” rather than the the undermining and condescending term support act. It makes me sick even just typing it out right now.
    Haha...Careful Lipster ...gentle satire and wit is frowned upon here, or maybe not identified.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Haha...Careful Lipster ...gentle satire and wit is frowned upon here, or maybe not identified.
      Thanks Jack - I’m sure RWB would take it as intended - just a gentle poke at the overly woke.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

if they ever attempted to change either

a) the roosters name
        b) our jersey
        c ) tamper with our history

I'll stop watchin the game .
        Don't be surprised if some wokers and cancel brigadeers want "Roosters" changed...ranting "sexist", "gender equality".

"Poultry" wouldn't be quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

We still celebrate commemorate Christmas and Easter though and these events occurred over 2000 years ago supposedly.
          Christmas and Easter must stay...plus Anzac day.
          You can do what you like with the rest.

"Happy Holidays"...baaah!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Thanks Jack - I’m sure RWB would take it as intended - just a gentle poke at the overly woke.
            LOL...Yes Peter Andre was the OPENING ACT for Madonna I'm not offended by you Lip as I know you aren't bitter and twisted like some on here evidently who still have not grown up despite them growing older.

I'm not sure what the laws are these days for touring acts but for many years the opening act for any visiting performer had to be Australian. Something For Kate opened for David Bowie.
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Don't be surprised if some wokers and cancel brigadeers want "Roosters" changed...ranting "sexist", "gender equality".

"Poultry" wouldn't be quite the same.
              that just won't happen. but sure, if anyone suggested it it would be ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

that just won't happen. but sure, if anyone suggested it it would be ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

There are always going to be angry people Zac. Some people just don't want to be happy or be in healthy respectful relationships or friendships. They sabotage anything good that comes their way, resist change, be deliberately inflammatory to gain attention and remain stubborn in their views without letting anyone else in. It's draining having someone like that around and not worth the effort.
                  maybe there's something going on in their lives that makes them act that way. but sure, it's best to avoid angry people. if they want to change they know where to find you.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                    haha - 'they're all just chickens'

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

maybe there's something going on in their lives that makes them act that way. but sure, it's best to avoid angry people. if they want to change they know where to find you.
                      I've always been the first to give people the benefit of the doubt and have always been kinder and more patient than necessary with some over the years (ask anyone who REALLY knows me) but ultimately people have to lie in the beds they make for themselves and not play the whiny victim all the time when someone calls out their bad behaviour. Some will get a shock when they return to the workforce and suddenly realise its not 1975 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I hope your job hunting is going well Jack and I hope you find something that you genuinely will enjoy doing as it's important to be happy.
                        I know you have a birthday this week so do something good and enjoy it. I hope the team have a win for you also.
                        Last edited by redwhiteblue; 07-21-2020, 07:18 PM.

Comment

The fake horn & Viking clap never registered with me when I was watching it but good on them, its good for the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X