No announcement yet.

Robbo needs to address this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to fix the defence in the middle as it is leaking way too many soft tries - teams will continue to go wide and then back through the middle as they know this is a major weakness area- Tedesco plays in the front line defence and the kick option like last night is also on(crocker try) - you could see it coming a mile away- Tedesco was back behind the front line defence once although the raiders half went over him to score - sure he should not got that far but I though it was not a good tackle attempt. they need to rain in the attack somewhat as dropped balls are killing it and then putting the pressure back on the defence- its okay to take a tackle and go again than to try to pass the problem onto someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      Not too fussed cause we didn’t deserve to win either of these games. If we deserve to win and are robbed by a stupid ref I’ll be filthy but we played pathetic in both these games.
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        Robinson will focus on what is within his control and that doesn't include the referees.

If we fix the defensive errors we made in both those games we win both and probably quite comfortably.

Whinging to the refs about their errors when we made plenty of our own is wasted energy. Glass houses.
        Defence and ball control. The basics. I suspect Fitzy will be busy at training this week.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          They need to fix the defence in the middle as it is leaking way too many soft tries - teams will continue to go wide and then back through the middle as they know this is a major weakness area- Tedesco plays in the front line defence and the kick option like last night is also on(crocker try) - you could see it coming a mile away- Tedesco was back behind the front line defence once although the raiders half went over him to score - sure he should not got that far but I though it was not a good tackle attempt. they need to rain in the attack somewhat as dropped balls are killing it and then putting the pressure back on the defence- its okay to take a tackle and go again than to try to pass the problem onto someone else.
          Agreed. No disrespect to the Raiders, Storm or Cowboys but over the last few weeks:
          - No good tries have been scored against us. They all coulda and shoulda been defended.
          - We are scoring amaaaaazing, indefensible tries out wide... but no easy, Papalii-style crashover tries. It's as if we are making it too hard to score and occasionally our luck runs out.
          - Waaaaay too many handling errors!!! Some of the shyte we're seeing is simply unacceptable. The 50:50's will NEVER go our way, so we have to make sure we're not killing out high percentage plays all the time!
          Last edited by ism22; 07-17-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Our errors and lack of completions will always make winning an uphill battle, When we complete we win it's just that simple and it's all on the players to respect and hold onto the ball.

Comment

We need to focus on middle defence, our last 5+ tries were leaked in the middle. The wings are safe with the Morris bros there

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                I agree it’s important for us as a team to take ownership of our poor performances but so too should the refs and bunker. I agree we didn’t deserve to win those games. We need to get back to the basics of good handling and defense. Some tries scored against us were shockingly soft very un rooster like.
                i agree with that. even though we don't whinge about refs' decisions we still want them to get it right. just cos you play badly doesn't mean you deserve bad refereeing decisions.

Comment

The Raiders lost nothing with with Hodgson absent. The replacement Starling was just as busy if not more so and he complemented the English half admirably (another Tommy Bishop). Papa always saves his best for the chooks and Wighton put in a Tedesco performance (in everything). Obviously they think that they should have won the GF and they were out to demonstrate that from the get go. The annoying thing is that some also ran will whup 'em next up.

Comment

Not too fussed cause we didn’t deserve to win either of these games. If we deserve to win and are robbed by a stupid ref I’ll be filthy but we played pathetic in both these games.
                    Yep.

Apart from a 30 minute blitzkrieg against the Cowboys we've been pathetic in our last three games.

And there's no point turning it around in the next three considering who our opposition are.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                      The Raiders lost nothing with with Hodgson absent. The replacement Starling was just as busy if not more so and he complemented the English half admirably (another Tommy Bishop). Papa always saves his best for the chooks and Wighton put in a Tedesco performance (in everything). Obviously they think that they should have won the GF and they were out to demonstrate that from the get go. The annoying thing is that some also ran will whup 'em next up.
                      yeah, raiders played good. losing a gf is about the worst feeling so maybe the footy goods are trying to share things out a bit.
                      how about williams' nose? people talk about wighton being like daley but that george williams is in the daley class on the nose front.

Comment

Yeah Zac and you know what they say about a big nose? Or is it big feet? The way he plays, the kicking game and the footwork which I hadn't seen previously, reminds me of Bishop but more of the great Alex Murphy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                          Yeah Zac and you know what they say about a big nose? Or is it big feet? The way he plays, the kicking game and the footwork which I hadn't seen previously, reminds me of Bishop but more of the great Alex Murphy.
                          haha, yeah, you don't like to call a bloke out for physical diffs but for the dirty minded i might have been paying him a compliment.

don't know much about murphy but do remember bishop weaving his magic.

Comment

To true I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                              The Morris pass was fine for what should have been the winning try- another one where it looked forward because Morris was tackled just as he passed it. The refs and touchies will never understand projectile motion physics unfortunately, and it is beyond about 90 % of league followers.
                              Yep they need to go back to high school physics and remember what Newton teaches about inertia and projectile motion.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                                Regardless of how well we played or didn’t no team should lose matches due to incorrect ref decisions. Against the storm there was a knock on in the play the ball before the winning field goal and again against the raiders the bunker failed to rule that Morris had been interfered with. Video replay shows both decisions were incorrect. A fair loss is palatable but 2 losses so far have involved crucial referee or bunker decisions that were wrong.

When these things are not questioned that is a guarantee they will continue. We need to stand up for the team when they are wronged. Robbo never looks for excuses but a bad call is a bad call and it needs to be called out. If we just roll over and always say we didn’t play well enough then they’ll just keep on doing this to us because they’re getting away with it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...9cb19ca097c458

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6f04fb94118267
                                And here is a totally opposite view.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-...17-p55d3m.html

FM Stuart is a sore loser and a sore winner.
                                I would have loved to see his reaction if someone asked him whether Whighton took a dive when Crichton gave him a love tap.

I did laugh at Robbo's reaction when someone mentioned Stuart had a whinge about Papali being hit on the nose.

Comment

Working...
                                X