Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting read...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...miers/12466020

So the Roosters “poached” Kyle Flanagan did they? Nothing to do with Chad Townsend being the incumbent. Let not the facts get in the way.

As for the rest of the article, I’d rather that sort than glowing praise and the author didn’t go far enough in his criticism of Manu.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
      So the Roosters “poached” Kyle Flanagan did they? Nothing to do with Chad Townsend being the incumbent. Let not the facts get in the way.

As for the rest of the article, I’d rather that sort than glowing praise and the author didn’t go far enough in his criticism of Manu.
      Didn't you know that while other teams 'sign' players, the Roosters poach. And we don't develop players, unlike Canberra who buy all their players from England.

Comment

we came back from isolation like a house on fire but we've stumbled a bit the last few weeks. we need to fix things. do we have the desire to turn it around? bloody hope so. the times we've won the comp we've had low periods in every season so i think he's going too far when he writes-
        'But while the losses incurred are very small in number, the toll of long finals runs is showing up some cracks in the foundations at Bondi.'
        other teams without long finals runs have cracks.
        we're good enough to bounce back if we want to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

100% agree on the Manu sentiment.

Sadly, it looks like he's been worked out. Time for him to adapt and other aspects to his game.

​​​

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

As he said, last year from R10 we lost 5 out of our next 7 including a 38-12 loss to the Knights.
            I'd like to read that thread on how the chookpen rated our defence.

In 2018 we started the season 6-5 including big losses to the Warriors, Dragons, Souths and Broncos.

We lost to arguably the next two best teams. Both games our shocking completions cost us where both opposition teams probably played their best games of their seasons. One we lost in golden point and one our disallowed forward pass was about 1M less forward than Papali's try.

TIT

Comment

I guess we just don't like losing. Especially to Sticky.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Good article, fair points, sounds like he may be a roosters fan or at least admires us.

Comment

"Rest of the league ready to take what's theirs" umm wot I don't disagree with the criticisms but talk about putting the boot in.

Its pathetic the tall poppy syndrome in this country, the commentators aren't even hiding their bias during our games.

That last line of the article is a disgrace, that trophy is our property atm, a proud foundation club, playing great footy that can only drag the league forward.

I can handle a loss and even if some players or the whole team have a bad game, but the guttersnipes are doing my head in. I get messages from nobodies on my social media when we lose, where the hell have you been the last two years??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                    "Rest of the league ready to take what's theirs" umm wot I don't disagree with the criticisms but talk about putting the boot in.

Its pathetic the tall poppy syndrome in this country, the commentators aren't even hiding their bias during our games.

That last line of the article is a disgrace, that trophy is our property atm, a proud foundation club, playing great footy that can only drag the league forward.

I can handle a loss and even if some players or the whole team have a bad game, but the guttersnipes are doing my head in. I get messages from nobodies on my social media when we lose, where the hell have you been the last two years??!!!

I hate people like that, I had a Saints mate's daughter (of all people) text me after the 2010 loss. Never heard from her before and never heard from her since. I don't go out of my way to bag mates who support other teams when they lose and don't expect it back when we lose.

Comment

An excellent footy article from the ABC chock full of intelligent, analytical argument. Contrast its quality to the stuff the drongos at the Tele and the Nine publications serve up. The Tele is written for reading age 10.4 years which means that an average reader of 10 years and 4 months can understand the language used (the SMH used to be 12.4 years but now that 9 has got hold of it that won't last). Murdoch used to hire them ( I can't concede that they are journalists) fresh from the School Certificate so as to train 'em up and initiate them to the group think. Scummo and the rest of that dumb bunch are gonna leave us the poorer if their plans for the ABC get traction.

Comment

I thought the article was well written too.

We have had disrupted combinations since Sam and Rads went down, and played some good sides. Robbo has been able to build sides to peak at the right time. as long as we finish top four, there is nothing to cut our wrists over.

We remember, comps aren't won in July.

Comment

The article was to the point. It highlights where we’re struggling and acknowledged our ability to overcome those hurdles being the champion team that we are. I didn’t mind it.

Comment

The article is pretty right. What comes next is what matters. It’s hard for the same small group of players to maintain intensity over a number of years. Robbo’s rotation policy looks to freshen up players and to keep them ready for the semi finals. We need to win big in the easier games and stay in the competition in the harder ones. That’s what we’ve done, with those harder games sometimes looking ugly and exposing some of our soft spots. Injuries happen, and you need to cope. Sometimes the replacements step up and sometimes they are patchy. For example, Collins was touted as a SOO player a month ago, but his deficiencies are now being shown up. But he can improve by being more consistent and eliminating the soft mistakes. Over the year, much like last year, we know the good will outweigh the bad. We expect that at the end of the season we become really good and in the GF we become excellent. We just need to get there.

Comment

I believe we are going through a period of readjustment with the loss of Rads and Verrills - once we get that sorted out and (fingers crossed) no more serious injuries, then we will give this comp a real good shake!!

Comment

Working...
                              X