No announcement yet.

Interesting read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We definitely aren't as strong defensively on our right edge without Cronk and Aubo. Young Flanagan is doing his best and putting his body on the line but will need a few more off seasons to build up his body.
    Our attack on the right still needs work and he needs to dummy and take the line on with conviction occasionally otherwise he'll become like Adam Reynolds and defences will just drift off him. He favours hitting Crichton with a short ball and it looks like the only time Manu gets it is when Tedesco comes into the backline and gives it to him.
    Can't fault the article it rings true, most teams best attacking side is on the left so we have to improve our defence that side.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
      So the Roosters “poached” Kyle Flanagan did they? Nothing to do with Chad Townsend being the incumbent. Let not the facts get in the way.

As for the rest of the article, I’d rather that sort than glowing praise and the author didn’t go far enough in his criticism of Manu.
      Yeah I'm all ears to criticism. IMO that's part of the positive culture Robbo has instilled in our club. You can always do better every week and 4 tries against us on Thursday simply wasn't good enough. As Robbo said... if you're letting in 4 tries a week, you're flipping a coin.

Our defence is pretty good (we'll make the 8 for sure) but yes... it certainly does need to be good enough to beat the Raiders + Drizzle on any day of the week. The Storm in particular got a hand from the refs but the refs don't score tries, they just award repeat sets. Literally nobody stopped anybody from putting their body between Papalii and the line... I don't care what size you are, if you're on a 1st grade NRL salary there is no excuse. Don't like it? Go to uni and become a 3rd rate lawyer like me instead of being a pro athlete then...

Comment

Imo, if we can keep the strongest available team on the park we'll go close to winning it again.

Where i think we will fall down is injury. The truth of the matter is, you need a bit of luck to win comps. It ain't 100% about talent, coaching and desire.

The fact of the matter is, if Friend or Keary go down - even if it's for just 3 weeks - then we're done. If Keary gets just one innocuous head knock, we could well be done. We don't have adequate quality coverage anymore at No.6 or No.9 now that Verrills and Rads are out. We are basically on a tightrope.

Comment

Sam and The Inflictor going down doesn’t explain flippers for hands from too many players and a dummy half that passes forward way, way, way too often (not to mention too many other inexplicable mistakes). The same number of mistakes as the Storm and Raiders and they get flogged by 3 tries plus. Fix the errors and we’ll be right.

Comment

Working...
          X