Brett Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Morris

(Something a little different) I had to wash my eyes out when I checked to see how many tries BMoz had scored for us and was gobsmacked that in 24 appearances for us he has only collected 16 tries, this year he has 9tries from 9 games and 7 tries from 15 appearances last season, were we that heavily dependent on the left side? I know we had the traitor there, It just seems strange why we didn’t go to the right more, anyway, what I am asking is this, If reports are true and he is about to sign on for next season is it possible he can run down the all time try scoring record?

He sits at 162 atm provided he stays fit and healthy and we go all the way to the GF which is 13 games and he scores One in every game (I would back him to do so at this rate) that takes him to 175 say he gets 4 or 5 doubles along the way and it gets him to 180 could he do it next year? 32 tries in a season I mean it seems very unlikely maybe breaking through the 200 barrier is a more realistic target, but records are meant to be broken!

A little prone to injury so you can bank on him missing games here and there.

Comment

My worry is that the lion's share of our tries over the past few weeks have been in the right corner (freakish tries requiring a looot of effort).

IMO as amazing as these tries are, the fact we're having to score those freakish tries suggests something's wrong with our overall attack. They should be 1%'ers that seal the deal rather than the bulk of our tries IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        My worry is that the lion's share of our tries over the past few weeks have been in the right corner (freakish tries requiring a looot of effort).

IMO as amazing as these tries are, the fact we're having to score those freakish tries suggests something's wrong with our overall attack. They should be 1%'ers that seal the deal rather than the bulk of our tries IMO.
        Completely agree. I understand the preference for the Morris-Ikuvalu side currently because its been working, but the Canberra game showed a really one dimensional approach to attack that i havent seen in a long time. It's almost like Robbo / Keary / Friend don't trust the Flanagan side of the field to deliver the goods yet.

Comment

We've scored the most trys in the comp. I'm definitely not worried about our attack.

Look at our trys vs Melbourne's in our clash. They flat out can't break us down where as we're like the Globetrotters at our best.

The defence is where Robbo will be investing all his energy atm. Some farcical trys given away up the guts recently, including a couple of DH barge overs last week.

Comment

The right side has been the most unsettled with different players alongside Manu. When Fergo was next to Manu, Manu was consistently playing great. Then he went and it was hall, Morris and anyone that could fill in. Brett & Manu are finally in sync and we are seeing a lot more go down the right.

Comment

Working...
            X