Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
    Warriors paying $11 on Sportsbet - that is outrageous odds in an NRL game
    Like the day that the Cowboys were paying over the odds in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

You tell yourself that
      It's hyperbole.

I can see us putting a lot of energy and focus on our defence over the next fortnight with very little emphasis on attack. Because of that we very may well not put up the cricket scores some expect but we will hopefully concede very few.

Comment

We need to play like the Sharks did.

Watch the replay......early in the game see Sharks prop Hamlin-Uele wind up, run onto a nice pass at pace, and using his muscular size crash past defenders to score.
        That's how our forwards should be scoring tries, not getting the ball 15 out almost standing still, then ambling into defenders and trying to fight their way to the line.

Comment

Hopefully Robbo will use this game as an opportunity to rest the wounded and older warriors Cords, Nug, Jared and let the youngsters do some hard yards (Lam) and have another go at not cocking up (Slipsy Collins). Maybe also rest a Morris or too.

Surely Warriors won't beat us even under those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Cloey View Post
            Hopefully Robbo will use this game as an opportunity to rest the wounded and older warriors Cords, Nug, Jared and let the youngsters do some hard yards (Lam) and have another go at not cocking up (Slipsy Collins). Maybe also rest a Morris or too.

Surely Warriors won't beat us even under those circumstances.
            cant afford to be resting players no matter who they are playing - during the game possibly i.e extended period on the bench for some player if they are in control of the game- Robbo needs to challenge the playing group - do you still want it - another premiership

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              I’m sure Roger’s bank account keeps him warm at night. He won his comp so for him after this it was all about the money.
              Roger Tuivasa-Cheque?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                I reckon we'll score minimum 100 pts.

How bad are the Warriors, seriously? To this day I'm still aghast that RTS chose to leave us for that rabble. The decision must give him night terrors.

Anyway a great chance to freshen up and get back on track with a couple of big wins.
                I've supported Easts long enough to never state we will put on 100 points.

I'd be happy to just get through the next three games unscathed with 6 points in the bag. Our for and against will take care of itself.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I am sure that we can score more than 100 points in the next two weeks, then come out and thump Melbourne at the SCG.

However, I am not confident we will do anything like this with the way we are with ball control at the moment. Need to get the completion rate above 80% as we have lost two games in the past 3 rounds due to the fact we drop the ball right on our line and allow the opposition to run at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post

I'd be happy to just get through the next three games unscathed with 6 points in the bag. Our for and against will take care of itself.
                    6 points from next 3 games is ideal and a chance to work the new combinations and give the defence to realign itself. Because of so many injuries, some players have had to play roles they had not trained for hence we looked a little ragged. I trust the brain trust of the team will work it out and give us a legitimate shot at the title.

Comment

I'd be surprised if there's a competition in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post

I’ll take that as well

Comment

Robbo will continue rotating players as he attempts to get the squad as healthy as possible for the assault on the finals, sounds like Freddy Lussick might start at hooker this week against the Warriors also wouldn't be surprised if JWH is rested.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            We need to play like the Sharks did.

Watch the replay......early in the game see Sharks prop Hamlin-Uele wind up, run onto a nice pass at pace, and using his muscular size crash past defenders to score.
                            That's how our forwards should be scoring tries, not getting the ball 15 out almost standing still, then ambling into defenders and trying to fight their way to the line.
                            We are back to back Premiers yet we need to play like The Sharks?!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
                              I am sure that we can score more than 100 points in the next two weeks, then come out and thump Melbourne at the SCG.

However, I am not confident we will do anything like this with the way we are with ball control at the moment. Need to get the completion rate above 80% as we have lost two games in the past 3 rounds due to the fact we drop the ball right on our line and allow the opposition to run at it.
                              Thump Melbourne?
                              Not possible.

The way we played last game we'll be lucky to score 100 points in the rest of the season.
                              Last edited by bondi.boy; 07-20-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

We are back to back Premiers yet we need to play like The Sharks?!
                                The way the Sharks played against the Warriors?
                                Yes, most definitely.
                                They were awesome!
                                They meant business.
                                They came to win...ran all over the Warriors.

Comment

Working...
                                X