Freddy Lussick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
    I know everyone loves a highlight video...

Here is him playing U20s last year - gives some indication of his style and natural ability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qRAvisyiA
    Thanks for the link NorthChook . Any idea who the massive unit that appears a few times wearing #24 is? Great physique for a footballer.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
      I don't have any knowledge of Jake Friend's current injuries but I wouldn't be surprised if his arm still gives him hell. I have torn both biceps off the bone. The second one I had reattached. For about 12-18 months afterwards, for no apparent reason, it would suddenly start aching at the site where they had reattached it. Jake will be receiving better care than I did but he is also playing a collision sport. I am in awe of his toughness! A week or two off will do him the world of good and we may just unearth another gem in young Lussick.
      I have zero injuries (really good luck given all the sports I've done) but one trick is that I never trained through injuries/sickness (still don't - sometimes my knee feels a bit 'loose' while jogging [hard to explain but like it's at risk of popping out] so I just walk home gentle + take a few nights off to let it heal rather than busting it). That's a luxury I have as a full-time lawyer, doing part-time training for amateur-grade marathons (mostly to keep my weight under control + save money on buying new suits every 6 months when they magically 'get too small').

NRL? IMO all players would be managing injuries, it's just a matter of how serious those injuries are. 'Cannot play' means 'cannot stand, even when given a needle, given a massage to loosen it up and everything's taped in place to replace the stretched/busted body parts'. I guess when you're paid $500k+ to play footy that just becomes part of your life. Whereas, I quit the lunchtime touch comp because it got too competitive and I didn't wanna lose my full-time salary by injuring myself in the office touch comp (okay it was fully insured but still - my ACL is worth more than bragging rights over some lunchtime touch comp).

FWIW a mate's dad is a chiro (and I'd never use one of them coz they are quacks). However, he does a good business tending to NRL players who have been told to take a week off by their physio/doctor. He basically borrows physio-style techniques to massage a bit of mobility into the joints, cracks their back to disable to pain receptors in that area and straps them up way harder than a physio will agree to. The Raiders (possibly other clubs too) have an unqualified 'strapping expert' in the sheds who's self-taught, but is of legendary status within Canberra circles... all he does is tape the shyte outta your joints to keep stuff in place (whereas a physio will be like 'I am taping this to RESTRICT movement beyond what is safe, not so that your joint's strapped into its socket while you play!!!' There's 'sports medicine' and then there's 'cobbling professional players together so that they can take to the field when they have absolutely no right to'. There seems to be an unwritten rule that you don't (for example) intentionally target somebody's strapping in an attempt to rub them outta the game. Bad karma maybe?
      Last edited by ism22; 07-20-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post

Thanks for the link NorthChook . Any idea who the massive unit that appears a few times wearing #24 is? Great physique for a footballer.
        Lupe Tivalu, big boy who impressed in the 20s last year. Robbo had him training with the main squad for most of the regular off season.

Comment

ISM the other thing is Robbo is likely to rest a player where another coach would play them because he sees the bigger picture of the whole season.

Any strapper worth their money knows most of the time its not about strapping it all together. It is alot to do with proprioception and the nerves understanding their is support.
          Much strapping is physiological as well and if a player like it tight then often tight it is.
          Buts its also subjective, take Kinesio tape, some physios hate it and won't have it near their practice, others love it. I like it not just because the colours are pretty
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

Marker defence will be better in first grade and he won’t have that much time but he has a few tricks if they are napping.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

Lupe Tivalu, big boy who impressed in the 20s last year. Robbo had him training with the main squad for most of the regular off season.
              Thanks Insider . I'll be keeping an eye on his progress. Shouldn't be reading that this bloke is too small!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                I know everyone loves a highlight video...

Here is him playing U20s last year - gives some indication of his style and natural ability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qRAvisyiA
                Thanks for the link. He looked pretty good in the video. It waits to be seen how he’ll do against men though, especially defending in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post

Thanks for the link. He looked pretty good in the video. It waits to be seen how he’ll do against men though, especially defending in the middle.
                  I'm expecting him to be a similar player to his brother joey lussick

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

I'm expecting him to be a similar player to his brother joey lussick
                    Brother of Darcy too I think....who I like very much after knocking out Justin Hodges and wanting to knock out Nelson Isuffersalmonella.

Comment

Working...
                    X