Logo trademark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
    Jeresy-wise IMO I like our current home kit and this should be used as our primary design for every game (both home and away) regardless. Make it a primary jeresy, not just a home one.

The only exception would be if we are playing away against a team like the Riff, Melb or NZ where their dark colours would clash with the navy blue. Then a Hybrid Navy, White and Red with Navy shorts would suffice. But this should only be a hand full of games per year. An exception not the rule for away games. The navy looped jeresy, with the red and white trim should be reserved for Anzac Day only.

I don't like it when teams move away from their orginal designs. Take the tigpies for example they could easily wear the orange jeresy with the black V for every single jesery without ever clashing. Same for the simple Red V of the St merge.
    I like the old light blue jersey for ANZAC day. Relates both to the ANZACS and us at the time as a club.
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      why are we talking about changing the name just because of an amendment to the emblem ? extra 50k is not that much in the scheme of running a multi million dollar club. BUT if were to look at changing the emblem ...go back to the emblem of the 60's 70's Rooster standing on the football ...still the best one we've ever had !
      Agreed. It's less than our lowest paid kid/reserve-grader gets. We're probably paying it already...

Comment

For the logo, could we not have the Rooster wearing a sombrero?

Comment

who gives a toss the club has money couldcare if they had a picture of.....name it people
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Sydney-Roosters-logo-history.jpg
            1967 with 2000 Sydney Roosters added.

Comment

Politis has said that they’re unlikely to go back to ‘Easts’.

But reverting to the classic Rooster logo would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post

Excellent points MRR, (since I have supported the chooks they have always been The Sydney Roosters 1999-2000 onwards) however this would be a great opportunity to rebrand/revert back to the Eastern Suburbs or Easts or Eastern Suburbs Roosters any combination of that is fine, I particularly love the Heritage jersey with the predominant/thick Blue horizontal loops/hoops and the red and white thinner hoop and the away jersey the same distinctive hoop pattern with either White/Red replacing the blue as the predominant colour, (much like the jersey we wore vs St. Merge) it also does all players particularly past players justice/service who have represented our great club, from the very humble beginnings and those who continue to do so.

For the logo something original/plain but distinctive would be great for example the Crest Shield with the blue border white background and Red Rooster, or the Rooster standing on the football crowing with the Red top half, the lovely blue tail feathers on top of a red/blue ball, also something about being foundation club that has played every season would absolutely be the cream on top that is a MUST.

I totally agree with your sentiments about putting it up to the members and supporters. This presents a great opportunity for everyone involved with the club to have a say.
                Thanks for that Teddy. I too love our horizontal bar jerseys, but I hope that we will always have room for our predominantly blue jersey with the red and white V. It looks so distinctive.

I loved our colour combination the other night - mainly red jersey, the navy shorts and predominantly white socks. It looked so effective from a distance. Hopefully we will feature our sky blue jersey from time to time as well - the war years were a part of our long and rich history and that should not be forgotten, or lost on our younger fans.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                  Take the tigpies for example they could easily wear the orange jeresy with the black V for every single jesery without ever clashing.
                  Speaking of which, I haven't noticed them wearing their predominantly orange jersey for quite some time, even for their Leichhardt games. Perhaps that signifies the shift in the balance of power towards the Western Suburbs side of the joint venture. Just an observation.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                    Sydney-Roosters-logo-history.jpg
                    1967 with 2000 Sydney Roosters added.
                    That could work I do love the 67 logo looks great.

Comment

Eastern Sydney roosters with the 80s logo would be my pick.

Almost every other team have an identity within their name which you can put to an area, at the moment to me, us and wests tigers are very broad and undefined just by name.

if somebody who didn’t really know much about league looked at all the teams, they wouldn’t really know what areas the roosters or the tigers represented.

Comment

The older emblems were best. Liked the Rooster charging in front of the harbour bridge on our Sydney City badge. No-one's going to charge us for that, are they.

Comment

I like Tottenham’s new logo. Traditional yet contemporary, and not unlike the ‘67 one posted above.

Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                            I like Tottenham’s new logo. Traditional yet contemporary, and not unlike the ‘67 one posted above.
                            i was going to say they've kind of stolen our idea, but then i googled it and their early emblem is a rooster that any rooster fan would have difficulty picking from our emblem.

i didn't know that they were the cockerels and that a cockerel is a young rooster.

Comment

The 'old' Rooster is on just about everything now anyway.
                              Easts is our song "Easts know how to play the game......".
                              Easts Group...Easts Leagues club...ESDRLFC etc.
                              Don't pay $50,000 more, in fact don't pay anything at all for the Opera House logo.
                              In the brave new post Covid world, and the world of 'cancel' culture, no better time to cancel the opera house logo than when it's up for renewal.

The old Rooster is just one colour...I'd like it to be navy blue, red and white.
                              Just cross out Sydney and insert Easts ...Roosters.
                              Or just market ourselves as The Roosters....or Roosters.
                              $50,000 more? Any $ at all? Govt money paid for the Opera House.

I had a largish ceramic one made, navy blue, red and white...some years ago.
                              The size of a real Rooster, hand painted by a very talented woman who owned a pottery shop.
                              She sourced the mould from Europe, having searched high and low.
                              She only made it for me, as she'd never made one before.
                              It looks like a real Rooster.
                              It's beuuuutiful.
                              It stands next to the tv on a long and low entertainment unit.

Looks like a cross between 1967 and 1995.
                              A fine looking bird indeed.
                              Last edited by bondi.boy; 08-09-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                                The 'old' Rooster is on just about everything now anyway.
                                Easts is our song "Easts know how to play the game......".
                                Easts Group...Easts Leagues club...ESDRLFC etc.
                                Don't pay $50,000 more, in fact don't pay anything at all for the Opera House logo.
                                In the brave new post Covid world, and the world of 'cancel' culture, no better time to cancel the opera house logo than when it's up for renewal.

The old Rooster is just one colour...I'd like it to be navy blue, red and white.
                                Just cross out Sydney and insert Easts ...Roosters.
                                Or just market ourselves as The Roosters....or Roosters.
                                $50,000 more? Any $ at all? Govt money paid for the Opera House.

I had a largish ceramic one made, navy blue, red and white...some years ago.
                                The size of a real Rooster, hand painted by a very talented woman who owned a pottery shop.
                                She sourced the mould from Europe, having searched high and low.
                                She only made it for me, as she'd never made one before.
                                It looks like a real Rooster.
                                It's beuuuutiful.
                                It stands next to the tv on a long and low entertainment unit.

Looks like a cross between 1967 and 1995.
                                A fine looking bird indeed.
                                great stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X