Lam extends contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news.

Local junior who seems to be coming good.

A lot of people still seem to be dismissing his inclusion into the side as just a rest/freshen up for Flanagan but I think Robbo is genuinely looking at him as an option come finals time. He provides a lot that Flanagan doesn't and visa versa no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      From SMH just now

Lachie Lam has been healthy and ready to play for years as Cooper Cronk's understudy.

He started the season as Kyle Flanagan's understudy but, having been named at No. 7 again, it's clearly his jersey to lose.

"He’s a local kid and he loves the Roosters - absolutely loves the Roosters. He’s had opportunities to go but he doesn’t want to go. He wants to stay and he wants to fight for his position," Robinson said.

"We bought over the top of him in Kyle to come and do a role and that spurned him on even more. He didn’t drop his bottom lip, he simply said I’m going to work harder. He wasn’t going to wait for an opportunity. He was going to go and grasp one. And that’s what you want.

"You want really good competition but in the best interest of the team as well."
      Says a lot about his character TBH! I've seen that kinda attitude at work and that's the kinda person I want on my team. There's two types:
      1.Those who will have a cry and kick stones when they miss out on a promotion.
      2. Those who will pull their socks up, respect the person who got 'their' promotion, learn from them and keep working towards where they wanna be.

In my experience...
      1. Will always cap out eventually and leave (even if you give them a generous string of promotions) coz they see you as being a d!ckhead who is holding them back rather than a valid mentor who is trying to better you.
      2. Will wait it out and end up a really well rounded individual who will contribute to making your culture awesome over overtake #1 in the long-run coz they're more resilient + open to constructive criticism.

Call me boring but I generally rate people with wisdom + resilience over child prodigies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
        It was John Simons.
        Naah Lam debuted in 94, Simon didn't come to the club until 96.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          He could be seen as our long term 14. The way the game is going, a ball playing utility is crucial. Think Craig Wing origin
          That's exactly where I see him too.

But that said, the timing is VERY interesting.

With Verrils back in the new year, I don't see a spot for him - unless someone is moving on (Friend maybe retiring/looking elsewhere, maybe someone is snatching up Verrils on good money, or Flanno seriously is on the outer? - my money is on ONE OF THESE THREE moving on given this news)

I like Lam's off the cuff running game. The question is whether that compliments Keary better than Flanno.

I personally think Flanno & Keary are a much better fit/combination

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
            Very good news , I'm a fan and hope he ends up as our permanent 7. Old man was a great asset to us and I think the young bloke can be to
            Well said mate....plus he bleeds red, white and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              Good news.

Local junior who seems to be coming good.

A lot of people still seem to be dismissing his inclusion into the side as just a rest/freshen up for Flanagan but I think Robbo is genuinely looking at him as an option come finals time. He provides a lot that Flanagan doesn't and visa versa no doubt.
              Spot on R6

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I'm predicting that when SBW is ready, Lam will drop out. I can't see any other forward being left out when all are back.
                I actually think young Lam attacking the line may well be a bonus when SBW , Lams ability to give Luke more time and space could work in his favor .
                Last edited by Rooster1908; 08-12-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah the fog lifted and it was Brian Smith whom Lam Snr. replaced in '94. Smith was a dual Rugby International (Australia and Ireland). A handsome, blond young man he was Jones' preferred Half during the disaster years at Balmain. How he got to the Chooks I could never figure seeing that he seemed not able or willing to go beyond pass and kick from scrum base and ruck. I think that he lasted about 5 starts and then they brought Adrian down from Qld and he then showed him how a League Halfback was meant to play.

Comment

Maybe Robbo is giving them both a shot so they both get game time then if the worst case scenario happens which is Keary getting a major injury they are both ready to go.
                    Im torn between the 2 of them because I like them both, I thought Kyle was playing pretty good & he is the top point scorer but Lammy gets me because he is a local junior. If your a local junior & you are as good as a guy they have bought from another club I think the local junior should be given preference.

Comment

I like that Lam does take a few runs, and as I mentioned earlier this has the potential to ease the pressure on Keary, but I’m yet to be convinced that he chooses the right time to run. IMO he took better running options at hooker than he did last week in the 7. He seemed to run for the sake of having a run, not when it was the right option for strategic or opportunistic reasons.

Flanno’s backing up was a big positive in his game. He scored and assisted a number of tries by pushing through the middle and being available to receive an offload or a pass from a line break. I didn’t notice Lam doing a similar job last week. I shouldn’t judge him on that one & only start in the 7 though.
                      Last edited by Waylander; 08-12-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

We are lucky to have both Lammy and Flanno,
                        Lammy is local stock and a relative despite my praise for Flanno
                        it's about relieving the pressure on Keary and Lam has stood up
                        either way it's shaping towards a 3 peat
                        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Lachie has bee npatient and the time seems right. I hope he continues to get better and better. I don't mind Flanagan either but I know you Lam reasonably well and he is a terrific young man and I would like to see him succeed.
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

James Hooper saying whether its Lam or Flanno in the halves short term it doesn’t matter because Roosters are prepping Walker for next yr & the long term to partner keary in the halves. He is already turning heads and just getting his body physically ready for 1st grade. Exciting times

Radley Verrels Walker Keary & Teddy WOW!!!!!

Comment

Has Sam Walker played a game somewhere since moving to Sydney?

Comment

Scenario.

It's a major semi-final, with two minutes left on the clock. Roosters are down 25-20 and have just scored out wide. Who's kicking the goal if Tauks is off and Flanagan isn't playing?

Comment

Working...
                                X