Message to Brian Johnston (Dragons CEO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I think Matt is an idiot and only appeals to the lowest common denominator. Making him just perfect for rugby league. When he is being serious he is a fantastic commentator on the game and gives great insight.
    Can’t work you out there 13 - is he an insightful idiot? To be fair he does have multiple personalities.

Comment

I agree with the view that Fitzy will probably stay, in the short to medium term at least, as he is so loyal.

His time and opportunity will come eventually, and he will take that gig with Nick's and Robbo's blessing. I remember that Craig Bellamy turned down the Tigers job. He then took the Storm one and didn't look back; I think Fitzy will be similar.

In terms of Matthew Johns, I agree with Thirteen that he can range between being a silly and a top commentator. Unfortunately, in my mind, he spends far too much time on the former at the expense of the latter. Joey, although a much better player obviously, does not seem to have the same footy brain or smarts as his brother, which I guess can often be the case (when you look at the good players not necessarily becoming good coaches argument).
      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
        I agree with the view that Fitzy will probably stay, in the short to medium term at least, as he is so loyal.

His time and opportunity will come eventually, and he will take that gig with Nick's and Robbo's blessing. I remember that Craig Bellamy turned down the Tigers job. He then took the Storm one and didn't look back; I think Fitzy will be similar.

In terms of Matthew Johns, I agree with Thirteen that he can range between being a silly and a top commentator. Unfortunately, in my mind, he spends far too much time on the former at the expense of the latter. Joey, although a much better player obviously, does not seem to have the same footy brain or smarts as his brother, which I guess can often be the case (when you look at the good players not necessarily becoming good coaches argument).
        Matty johns podcast, and Matty johns at home podcast with his wife and kids is a good listen.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Matty johns podcast, and Matty johns at home podcast with his wife and kids is a good listen.
          Yes, I agree, especially the ones involving Paul Kent. I haven't seen those with his wife and kids. I will take a look.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

Yes, I agree, especially the ones involving Paul Kent. I haven't seen those with his wife and kids. I will take a look.
            Even blocker is bearable in those podcasts, shows how much knowledge Kent has in most sports too, especially boxing.

Comment

Can’t stand Blocker when he commentates but he’s really good in the podcast that he does with Matty Johns and Paul Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                Can’t stand Blocker when he commentates but he’s really good in the podcast that he does with Matty Johns and Paul Kent.
                Blocker is one of the boys. Rough as guts but you couldn’t meet a nicer bloke.

Comment

There probably isn't a more loyal person on the planet than Fitzy and i'm sure he would see out his contract if Uncle Nick/Robbo asked him to, that said i'm sure other than coaching the Roosters coaching the Dragons would be his dream job, given his service and loyalty to our club I think he should be allowed to apply for the Dragons job if that is what he wants to do.

Comment

Please take Fitzy now. He is useless as a defensive coach here.

Comment

Working...
                    X