2 six agains and 1 penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 six agains and 1 penalty

If we concede these only from now on I back us to not lose another game - that's just what Souffs conceded in a a one sided game.

Seriously, in a game we led by 38 at half time, could you imagine 1 penalty and 2 six agains being given to our opponents for the whole game?

Must be nice to be near perfect in the refs' eyes. Will we ever get there?

Souffs... meh.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
      If we concede these only from now on I back us to not lose another game - that's just what Souffs conceded in a a one sided game.

Seriously, in a game we led by 38 at half time, could you imagine 1 penalty and 2 six agains being given to our opponents for the whole game?

Must be nice to be near perfect in the refs' eyes. Will we ever get there?
      No because teams seem to find their discipline against the Roosters.

We cant control the penalties but what we can control is ball handling and completing our sets of 6. Soft turnovers has to stop. Too many times in the last few weeks we have given the opposition field position gifts.

Comment

It is a known statistical fact that Souffs have been favoured by the refs for many years.

Oppositely it is a known and inarguable statistical fact that we are refereed unfavourably.

Thankfully, I'm now also of the belief that this merely battle hardens us for the finals where penalties tend to dry up.

So when the big games come around, the hardship we suffer in the regular season at the hands of the refs only makes us stronger. It's a delicious irony

It doesn't justify the blatant bias within the refereeing & NRL ranks; but I guess I'm now just trying to look on the bright side with a view to how we've turned it to our advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          It is a known statistical fact that Souffs have been favoured by the refs for many years.

Oppositely it is a known and inarguable statistical fact that we are refereed unfavourably.

Thankfully, I'm now also of the belief that this merely battle hardens us for the finals where penalties tend to dry up.

So when the big games come around, the hardship we suffer in the regular season at the hands of the refs only makes us stronger. It's a delicious irony

It doesn't justify the blatant bias within the refereeing & NRL ranks; but I guess I'm now just trying to look on the bright side with a view to how we've turned it to our advantage.
          Yes but will the charitable 6 agains to our opponents dry up too in the finals?

Comment

Turning it to our advantage is so true.

We are the Roosters, who can overcome any challenge that is directed our way. We have won the premiership despite the hurdles from the refs and NRL and we can do it again.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
            X