Bottle that win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottle that win!

I know there's 3 more games left before finals and we may not finish in the top-4, but what a win!!!

It's difficult to win in Canberra and they banned our fans from attending (like a bunch of d!cks... oh wait). Also, the refs seemed to come to the party (won't break it down but a lot of dubious calls IMO). None of this mattered though coz we were simply too good.

Champaign footy boys! One of our best wins of the season. 300 for J-Moz, SBW returned and we're now in a position where our PD will get us into the 4, even if we drop a game before the finals (i.e. the Souffs one against a surging bunch of vermin won't be do or die). TBH 4th is probably our target anyway coz 3rd would give us the Drizz in Brisbane or some rubbish like that. I get the feeling the Riff have already over-achieved for this season.

I lost count of the raiders 6 again restarts.
    great win

Comment

we looked primed don't we.

Comment

be nice to see the warriors beat the eels today to get us into 3rd on for and against, although 4th would allow us to give penrith there first of 2 straight losses on there way out the back door
        Last edited by Bondicigar; 09-06-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
          I lost count of the raiders 6 again restarts.
          great win
          IMO we're at our best when we're being robbed and it doesn't matter on the scoreboard.

Skill and smarts always beat hacks/niggling.

Comment

Lock in this premiership - and the next one too.

Comment

Amazing all us sit on our keyboards and winge and wine about dropping this bloke , resting that bloke , but year after year. Robbo has a plan to have us finals ready , and by the looks of it he has done it again , blessed are the Roosters fan

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                Amazing all us sit on our keyboards and winge and wine about dropping this bloke , resting that bloke , but year after year. Robbo has a plan to have us finals ready , and by the looks of it he has done it again , blessed are the Roosters fan
                Hahaha too true ay!

For example I was pretty grubby about Latrell being dropped + confused why Flanno was dropped. Also didn't get why Hastings was dropped in a season where he was our best goal kicker + his replacement had zero kicking game.

Robbo always gets the results though! Seeing the Faders with their stoopid bogan haircuts + the way they carry themselves, IMO Robbo picks a different breed of boys and develops them into a different kind of men. We're now in a position where Butcher, Collins, Sitili and Lussick can hold their own against Papalii, Bateman, Lui, Sutton and Whitehead. SST, JWH, Cords, Crichton and SBW help. However, there was a significant spell during the crunch time of the game where these boys held their own against a rampaging Papalii (who injuries aside, looked completely knackered from the intensity of our youngsters - on multiple occasions Flanno and Lussick let him run over them, purely to kill the risk of him gaining momentum).

LOOOOOL hey I kid you not, as I typed this up, sticky just walked past me, I winked at him and he literally cold-faced me + walked over to the other side of the path. Classic... can't believe it.

Comment

Noticeable difference with how Sutton officiated the second half after captain courageous word in his ear at half time. We did their heads in yet again. The mentality of this squad is a far cry since Robbo’s early days at Easts.

Comment

Canberra were totally deflated to be trailing at half time because they knew Sutton was giving them every leg up possible. The player's aren't stupid.

And as we know the game managers put the whistle away at half time so the Raiders knew they were fooked.

But we should thank Sutton. Their BS battle hardens our boys to the extreme so come finals time we're like the SAS vs a bunch of pampered cadets.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      Lock in this premiership - and the next one too.
                      JT’s gone off!!!

Comment

That was a special win for sure. Courageous and full of character. Canberra were no mugs and they just kept getting repeat 6's again if we just winked at them. Our first one was on the 2nd tackle with only 20 seconds to go in the first half I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                          Noticeable difference with how Sutton officiated the second half after captain courageous word in his ear at half time. We did their heads in yet again. The mentality of this squad is a far cry since Robbo’s early days at Easts.
                          what was wrong with 2013 ?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                            It's difficult to win in Canberra and they banned our fans from attending (like a bunch of d!cks... oh wait).
                            No they didn’t. There were a few small groups of Roosters supporters there. There was 3 groups in my immediate vicinity, plus a group in a corporate box behind me. I could clearly see other Roosters jerseys around the ground. There were no tickets available to the general public, but to suggest “they banned our fans” is just not true.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by our winning margin last night. I thought that we could do it against a pretty tough opposition, but I was pleased at the improvement in our for and against - the best in the league. It bodes well for the finals.
                              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                              X