Diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diving

the last couple of weeks have been very bad in terms of team/player integrity. Parra and Penrith batting it out for the greatest divers of the modern era.
    Souffs are pretty handy as well.

But last night was the perfect example of two extremes. The Canberra player tackled close to the line complaining about a crusher tackle when the only thing possibly crushed was hie ego.
    Then Tedesco is on the run through the middle of the field and Klokstad whacks him with s swinging arm. Ref calls off the shoulder (my ass) . If Teddy takes a dive we get a penalty.

Then the icing on the cake is Keary talking about how the Roosters train to make sure there is none of that in their technique and they train not to hurt the opposition players like that.
    Very large difference to the storm who I believe train to attack the neck and head of the opposition

I know supporters thta want a win at all cost, but I am old school and I would be embarassed if my team had no integrity. I do not believe in winning without honour at any level
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
    the last couple of weeks have been very bad in terms of team/player integrity. Parra and Penrith batting it out for the greatest divers of the modern era.
    Souffs are pretty handy as well.

But last night was the perfect example of two extremes. The Canberra player tackled close to the line complaining about a crusher tackle when the only thing possibly crushed was hie ego.
    Then Tedesco is on the run through the middle of the field and Klokstad whacks him with s swinging arm. Ref calls off the shoulder (my ass) . If Teddy takes a dive we get a penalty.

Then the icing on the cake is Keary talking about how the Roosters train to make sure there is none of that in their technique and they train not to hurt the opposition players like that.
    Very large difference to the storm who I believe train to attack the neck and head of the opposition

I know supporters thta want a win at all cost, but I am old school and I would be embarassed if my team had no integrity. I do not believe in winning without honour at any level
    Miyagi do karate v cobra Kai right there.

Comment

Ref followed instructions from NRL to a tee....think we got first penalty & repeat 6 after 20 minutes??? Raiders were massaged beautifully on these issues ALL game...and yes the 2 above points re diving 100 pc

Comment

Yeah WTF was that 'crusher tackle'? They got a penalty and presumably (Keary?) is now on report? I mean oh no... Luke Keary's bully me with his tackles... uh huh...

It'll be chucked out by the judiciary as I don't think you can identify who to put on report when there was no 'crusher tackle'. Still - they were obviously banking on it getting them back into the game and it gave them an unfair advantage.

Edit: there were lotsa WTF moments (e.g. when ~3 faders were blatantly offside + intentionally stood in the way of any passes to the right of the field, forcing us to awkwardly run forward and do a surrender tackle). I'm glad we just rolled with it, but it does get boring having to cop this kinda rubbish.
        Last edited by ism22; 09-06-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Didn't Ricky whinge about diving a couple of weeks back? Hypocritical sook.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Miyagi do karate v cobra Kai right there.
            Not so true in the new Cobra Kai with Johnny Lawrence as Sensei.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Same set of six as that Teddy one he also go hit in the head when he was bringing the kick back.

I once told Robbo how much I appreciate our stance in that regard. It was straight after that Saints game. He said that teams that take that soft option usually don't win anything. How right he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                Same set of six as that Teddy one he also go hit in the head when he was bringing the kick back.

I once told Robbo how much I appreciate our stance in that regard. It was straight after that Saints game. He said that teams that take that soft option usually don't win anything. How right he was.

Robbo is the footballer whisperer.

Taking shortcuts and soft options creates a soft underbelly in a players attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Agreed 100%. They'll get a cheap penalty here and there but end of the day you've gotta play footy if you wanna win the big ones.

GF summed it up. They're still bitter that they weren't given a gratuitous repeat set from 10m out. Bluntly, they lost the GF because that penalty meant soooo much to them. No fans were angry at blowie for taking an hour to stand up despite knowing you can't give Latrell, Toops and Tedesco ANY space. It's not as if the refs handed us a ~90m try. That was 100% their defence/attitude when scores were level. Some teams rise to the occasion, others hope for a gratuitous advantage from the refs. Guess which team's gonna win 80% of the time.
                  Last edited by ism22; 09-06-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                    Not so true in the new Cobra Kai with Johnny Lawrence as Sensei.
                    kreese is back running the dojo, cobra Kai never dies.

BTW how good is the show!

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

kreese is back running the dojo, cobra Kai never dies.

BTW how good is the show!
                      Some of the actors are shyt but It’s very well written and I just love the 80’s throwbacks and lines Johnny comes up with.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Agreed 100%. They'll get a cheap penalty here and there but end of the day you've gotta play footy if you wanna win the big ones.

GF summed it up. They're still bitter that they weren't given a gratuitous repeat set from 10m out. Bluntly, they lost the GF because that penalty meant soooo much to them. No fans were angry at blowie for taking an hour to stand up despite knowing you can't give Latrell, Toops and Tedesco ANY space. It's not as if the refs handed us a ~90m try. That was 100% their defence/attitude when scores were level. Some teams rise to the occasion, others hope for a gratuitous advantage from the refs. Guess which team's gonna win 80% of the time.
                        A major problem for sides like Canberra and Parra who take that soft option is that penalties dry up in the finals. It’s a major bonus for us because we haven’t been getting any leg ups all season so we know how to win without them.

Comment

I agreeKingbilly about integrity being so important.

If you don't have that, then nothing else really matters IMO.
                          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                          X