THAT video referee decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I guess that's why they need to give a yes/no before sending it to the bunker... so that you get the call we woulda had if there was no bunker?

Agreed though. Two things can be annoying:
    - When they are 'not sure' about every try we score but keep saying 'no try'. Almost as if they can't keep up with our tactics, which says something about their competence.
    - Sly calls where it feels like they've cooked up a 'try' or 'no try' by either excluding a questionable play for the scope or calling what they think the bunker can demonstrate, rather than what the on-field momentum felt like.

Meh - I'm guessing most refs don't care. Be interesting to know why they even questioned Collins' try though. Also, how did the bunker get it wrong?!?!? As a viewer it was just a big boy crashing right over. Presumably is looked a little too easy on-field, prompting the ref to question why? I'd argue it shouldn't have because the momentum was all against the Knights and they even moved the ball to the right of the field to exploit a gap in the defence (i.e. all the forwards were bunched up on the left, assuming we were gonna kick to Tupou or pass to J-Moz/Tedesco... so we passed to a prop on the right, who crashed over wuite easily. Anybody who missed that is a mug!
    That's exactly why they do it. In the past they used to send it upstairs and say 'can you check this and that and if its inconclusive, I have an opinion' The ref used to watch the replays on the screen and then if it came back refs call the ref would make his decision

Comment

What irritated me was the Ch9 footy show yesterday, the decision was never mentioned or discussed. True it had no influence on the result however a similar decision in a playoff could have detrimental effect.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
        What irritated me was the Ch9 footy show yesterday, the decision was never mentioned or discussed. True it had no influence on the result however a similar decision in a playoff could have detrimental effect.
        Only would have been mentioned if it was the Panthers...

Comment

I've heard arguments saying it was the right call. That's a maybe, but you can bet if happened the other way, Klein would be blowing the pea out of the whistle awarding a try before the blades of grass under the ball had bent!

Comment

Just confirmed by Annersley that it should have been a try. Disagreement in the bunker led to the wrong decision being made.

“Should of been a try every day of the week - this week, last week and in the future. “

As expected Lindsay was robbed of a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
              Just confirmed by Annersley that it should have been a try. Disagreement in the bunker led to the wrong decision being made.

“Should of been a try every day of the week - this week, last week and in the future. “

he said the fact that butch hadn't moved at all was a factor.

Comment

Did they all get sacked for 6 weeks ffs?

Comment

I just listened to Annersley's report and as Bruce 38-0 stated, it was a straightforward decision that should have been a try. Annersley is therefore going to focus on correcting the failure of process that led to this rubbish against the Roosters.

Also of Roosters-related interest out of Annersley's report was an incident out of the pennies/eels game where sutton changed a (wrong) decision he made to the right decision. Think back to the outrage in last year's GF with the "six again" call. Annersley said words to the effect that whilst clunky, it was important that the right decision was made.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have coughed down my dinner reading that the 2 bunker boofheads disagreed !!!!

Is that what takes them so bleedin long all the time , bickering!

Comment

Of all the video ref's out there I don't mind Maxwell, Yes he makes mistakes but he has no problems over ruling an onfield decision unlike other's who I consider are sheep who just try to justify the onfield decision.

Comment

I don’t really get that wound up about refs the bunker & their decisions. Like I have said many times they are humans & they make mistakes like the rest of us.

Comment

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bunker-...5-cc560c94a6b6

Hehehe. Gus absolutely reems the refs for THAT decision.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                            It's all mercy crap. There is no place for it in professional sport. And it dosent help the poorer teams in the long run.

Only to keep fairweather fans tuned in and sports betting ticking over
                            exactly this... just trying somehow to keep shit teams and their fans in it or interested

bunker would of 1oo per cent called it a try if it was a knights try and us defending

utter mercy bullshit

Comment

Working...
                            X