Video Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Refs

As their decisions are becoming more contentious by the week is it time to have a 3-man panel in the Bunker with majority rules for the finals. I would be happy to volunteer for one of the positions.

So much for my solution, this is what the NRL have come up with.. only 1 video ref from now on!

A day later and action has officially been made to rectify the NRL bunker's decision-making process, effective immediately.

In a statement released this afternoon Annesley revealed the NRL had introduced a procedural change, with the bunker dropping down from two officials to just one starting from Round 19.

"Earlier this year the change from two on-field referees to one has simplified officiating, resulting in a high standard being maintained so far this season. Referees have demonstrated increased confidence to make their own decisions," Annesley said.

"Similarly, by reducing the number of people involved in the review process, we feel Bunker officials will also feel more confident in making decisions without consultation, thereby avoiding potential conflicting views or doubt that may on occasions be created by the involvement of a second review official.

Comment

Notice how Annesley said "To make their own decision".

Not, 'To make the right decision'.

To be fair mate, i would have voted for you as the bunker official.

Surely it couldn't have been worse than what we see on a every game basis.

Comment

The bunker is a waste of money. The NRL need to save costs and that would be one of the first areas I’d look into.

Comment

While I appreciate the fact that it is being looked at, I don't necessarily believe this is the answer.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

The screen at games is huge ...also have a tv screen on the sideline let only the ref decide and no one else. Either they know the rules or they dont.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Doesn’t matter how many they have or don’t have in the bunker they will still make mistakes just like you & I do because they are humans. If you want perfection you better give away following Rugba League.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                Doesn’t matter how many they have or don’t have in the bunker they will still make mistakes just like you & I do because they are humans. If you want perfection you better give away following Rugba League.
                Speak for yourself. I never make mistakes. I thought I had once, but I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                  The screen at games is huge ...also have a tv screen on the sideline let only the ref decide and no one else. Either they know the rules or they dont.
                  A most logical solution, I doff my hat to you sir. Unfortunately as has been proven in the past, logic seems to be used the least when looking for solutions at the NRL.

Comment

Working...
                  X