Why I voted Crichton for the Ken Stephens Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I voted Crichton for the Ken Stephens Medal

Crichton came to this club with a passion for aboriginals and their ambition to help themselves out of their plight.
    He met some Aboriginal students at Scots and became genuine friends and spent holidays with their families. He understands what it is to live in another’s shoes.

He believes in Aboriginals rising through education rather than wordsmithing or bleating to the media. In fact, I’d argue he does more good for the cause through them owning their destiny and their words. Empathy, Action and Education leading to self-empowerment.

Easts helped him establish and promote his charity. Angus is all class. He is empowering others to control their destiny. The seed was planted and germinated in his schooling and I assume through great parenting. Hats off.

You have my vote mate. I’m not Aboriginal. I’m not really any form of activist. But I recognise a quality human being improving other peoples lives.
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
    Crichton came to this club with a passion for aboriginals and their ambition to help themselves out of their plight.
    He met some Aboriginal students at Scots and became genuine friends and spent holidays with their families. He understands what it is to live in another’s shoes.

He believes in Aboriginals rising through education rather than wordsmithing or bleating to the media. In fact, I’d argue he does more good for the cause through them owning their destiny and their words. Empathy, Action and Education leading to self-empowerment.

Easts helped him establish and promote his charity. Angus is all class. He is empowering others to control their destiny. The seed was planted and germinated in his schooling and I assume through great parenting. Hats off.

You have my vote mate. I’m not Aboriginal. I’m not really any form of activist. But I recognise a quality human being improving other peoples lives.
    Well said Axe.

Comment

i voted for him and would have donated 20 bucks if his website was more user friendly. blacks are able to speak for themselves but there's a lot of white people in oz and nothing wrong with them doing what they can.

Comment

It’s a process of education for both whites and blacks for understanding and finding respect and common ground and ensuring Black education creates leaders who can highlight the cause

Comment

I fully concur, well said and hats off to you Axe.

Is this the award that Iosia Soliola won last year and Neil Breen had a go at the Roosters for not having charitable players, and not being a philanthropic club? If so, what a fitting outcome this would indeed be.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
            I fully concur, well said and hats off to you Axe.

Is this the award that Iosia Soliola won last year and Neil Breen had a go at the Roosters for not having charitable players, and not being a philanthropic club? If so, what a fitting outcome this would indeed be.
            I’d refer BREEN to the joint Steggles foundation

in charity space you have the silent achievers and then the Ronald McDonald houses that build profiles for their brand. Both assist communities so not debating pros and cons but we are of the Initial approach.

Comment

Working...
            X