Missing Ryles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Ryles

Gee we are gonna miss the big fella this year.

Just watched a replay of last year against Souths - his leadership by example, offloads, hit-ups...were excellent and pretty much for the whole season too.

Was just about the form prop in the comp last year - Im not confident we can cover him this year. And what a tragedy he signed with the disgrace that is Melbourne..grrr.

I think a lot on here over rate our forwards.

We do have some promising youngsters - but that's all they are at the moment.

I keep reading comments about this superstar and that superstar that we have in our pack.

Yet half of them run like cream puffs who miss tackles and can't hold onto the ball.

Comment

I agree... But i also reckon that we are missing an veteran prop to steer the youngsters about..

Comment

He'll excel under Bellamy. I think by round 10 he'll be one of the top 3 form props in the comp. But I really don't think he wanted to play for the Roosters under Smith anymore and that would not have been healthy for the team. I think if Kennedy can play close to the full season it should make up for the loss of Ryles. JWH matured greatly over the back end of the year as well so if he along with Tasi and Mose can continue to improve at the same rate we are still relatively well served compared to many other clubs. A lot with depends on injuries cos once we lose one of the top 4 props we either move to backrow players playing out of position or promising yet untested young props. That's my only worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
          He'll excel under Bellamy. I think by round 10 he'll be one of the top 3 form props in the comp. But I really don't think he wanted to play for the Roosters under Smith anymore and that would not have been healthy for the team. I think if Kennedy can play close to the full season it should make up for the loss of Ryles. JWH matured greatly over the back end of the year as well so if he along with Tasi and Mose can continue to improve at the same rate we are still relatively well served compared to many other clubs. A lot with depends on injuries cos once we lose one of the top 4 props we either move to backrow players playing out of position or promising yet untested young props. That's my only worry.
          I think the point people are making is that there is too much of potential's famed ifs and depends in our pack for their liking.

Ryles was a handy constant to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
            I agree... But i also reckon that we are missing an veteran prop to steer the youngsters about..
            Ryles is gone, but how good would it be to have Mozz running on for 20 minutes a half to fire them up?
            Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
              Kennedy is a risky proposition and may never return to fulfill his potential. I hope he can. We'll need him because the 30 no names from under 20s arent going to save us.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                Ryles is gone, but how good would it be to have Mozz running on for 20 minutes a half to fire them up?
                Now i'd like to see that.... Although i'd love to have a Peter Cusack style prop in there..

Comment

Ryles is a big loss.
                  With Ryles, Conn and Myles we no longer have an older experienced head in the side.
                  That's why it's time for FPN to WAKE UP!

Comment

Josh Ailaomai as saviour, discuss.

Comment

Agree. Terrible decision to let him go. Be wise to keep a bit of experience up front.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Josh Ailaomai as saviour, discuss.
                        Of Newtown....

Comment

Ryles is a loss, but nowhere near as big a loss as Fitzy at the end of 09 and we went just fine in 2010.

Have some faith in the young bulls.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                            Ryles is a loss, but nowhere near as big a loss as Fitzy at the end of 09 and we went just fine in 2010.

Have some faith in the young bulls.
                            Dont agree Elo....as great as Fitzy was, a hard working backrower is easier to cover than losing an experienced in form front-rower....they are few and far between...like top halfbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              Dont agree Elo....as great as Fitzy was, a hard working backrower is easier to cover than losing an experienced in form front-rower....they are few and far between...like top halfbacks.
                              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X