Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
    Penrith 2003 ring a bell
    Yeah they had a 30+ year old front rower Martin Lang and a 30+ year old back rower Scott Sattler and an experienced grand final winning hooker in Luke Priddis.. Not really a good comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
      Yeah they had a 30+ year old front rower Martin Lang and a 30+ year old back rower Scott Sattler and an experienced grand final winning hooker in Luke Priddis.. Not really a good comparison.
      I disagree The bulf of that team were yioungsters Swain Waterhouse Clinton Gulavau Rooney are few that spring straight to mind We have a premeirship winning fullback in his 30s a premeirship winng 5/8 who is 30 We are missing a 30 year old front rower

Even the older Penrith players said it was the young guys who spurred them on Whilst not exactly the same there are comparisons
      When you trust your television
      what you get is what you got
      Cause when they own the information
      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Old man Sattler ran across the heavy track to tackle young tyro 'Skinny' & inspire them to win on that fateful night
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Only becuase an 18 year old ankle tapped Byrne 40 metres or so downfield
          When you trust your television
          what you get is what you got
          Cause when they own the information
          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

I disagree The bulf of that team were yioungsters Swain Waterhouse Clinton Gulavau Rooney are few that spring straight to mind We have a premeirship winning fullback in his 30s a premeirship winng 5/8 who is 30 We are missing a 30 year old front rower

Even the older Penrith players said it was the young guys who spurred them on Whilst not exactly the same there are comparisons
            Luke Priddis was the difference between the 2 teams but Lang and Sattler would have helped the young guys off field. You admit we are missing the 30 year old front rower.. We had one.. that was the point of the thread.. I am not so convinced about the usefulness on the field of Anasta and Mini..

Comment

Obviously clubs like to have a shot at the title every year, but I don't think they necessarily set themselves up for one every year. It's clear the club is positioning itself for success in 2013, and more likely 2014 so letting go of an ageing player to retain space in the salary cap (even if it is only a small amount) makes sense if it means we can retain and hopefully further develop some of our younger talented players.

Whilst there is the counter argument of needing the older players to show the younger ones how it's done, there comes a point where you can't have it both ways.

Comment

Ryles wasnt a leader as your saw in the 2010 GF
                He wont be missed
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Ryles has never been a leader. He was a powder puff for the merge, and I tolerated him because he played for us. He was full of mistakes, and took half the season to get going. Move on.

Comment

Penrith 2003 ring a bell
                    What about 2005 Tigers? what was their age comparison??

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post
                      Ryles has never been a leader. He was a powder puff for the merge, and I tolerated him because he played for us. He was full of mistakes, and took half the season to get going. Move on.
                      Yet he was our best prop for the past 2 seasons...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
                        Yet he was our best prop for the past 2 seasons...
                        Big man, that wasn't that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                          Along with Preston Campbell and Girds who started young and werent that old but had a mountain of experience by then

Comment

Originally posted by rob1crap View Post
                            What about 2005 Tigers? what was their age comparison??
                            Hard to compare because the NRL was policing the ten like a 15 that year and the play the balls were as fast as they have ever been in the games history so combined with unlimited interchange it was more like an OZtag comp

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Big man, that wasn't that hard.
                              But he still did it... I still say that we are gunna miss having an old head in the pack...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
                                But he still did it... I still say that we are gunna miss having an old head in the pack...
                                I'm not denying that. This isn't 1979 and Brian Smith ain't Harry Bath. He's got more of a Harry Bailey effect on clubs.

But I doubt he'll use his final press conference to blame scientology for being fired.
                                Last edited by John; 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X