No announcement yet.

Missing Ryles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power play is thirteen versus eleven for five minutes with two nominated players on the sidelines. It backfired twice tonight with the eleven man team scoring during power play time.

I think the tackle restart rule might gain traction as it keeps the game flowing.

Comment

Tackle restart - back to the unlimited possession from the old days.

And the power play thing sound really stupid.

The only rule changes I've liked is the 40/20 (which is reversed now too) and the short lived opposition recieve the ball after a score in Stupid League.

Comment

JWH is frusterating

Too much ill discipline he is a ticking time bomb .. smithy needs to get through his thick scull that giving away penalties is not good for the team

Comment

Are you blokes serious? I love JWH's aggression. We need someone in our pack that strikes fear into the opposition and won't back down, Jared does that. We've been crying out for another Moz and you guys want him to calm down? Fark that. Lose the reins, let him have his head and hang on.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
            Are you blokes serious? I love JWH's aggression. We need someone in our pack that strikes fear into the opposition and won't back down, Jared does that. We've been crying out for another Moz and you guys want him to calm down? Fark that. Lose the reins, let him have his head and hang on.

Chook.
            Again, I agree without reservation.

Comment

Chook.

+ 2 Agree wholeheartedly, this guy gives our pack some menace and isn't afraid to get in the face of the opposition. Third Man Thaiday didn't like getting a bit of his own medicine last night. Then we have the silent assassins in Tasi and Masoe, who do the damage with a smile on their face.

If we can keep our boys fit, we will do a lot of damage this year.

Comment

Ryles wouldnt have saved us played like a girl

Comment

+3
                  A bit of backbone, finally.

Comment

JWH is the new Moz!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
                      JWH is the new Moz!
                      He's just got to learn to control the agrression, oppositions will bait him into fights and we may see him on the sideline more often than not.

Love the rage though !!!

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Chook.
                        Agreed...100%. You win premierships with an x factor. If that's aggression then so be it. Morley turned and won a gf for us. Jarred must continue to be the instigator and let Mose and tasi Be the executioners.
                        Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                          He's just got to learn to control the agrression, oppositions will bait him into fights and we may see him on the sideline more often than not.

Love the rage though !!!
                          Learning to control means knowing when to pull the trigger. The intent should be he same shoot to kill!
                          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

Love the rage though !!!
                            Yeah you're probably right Muzz, I'm still reading Artie's biography & he's talking about Sydney in the mid to late '60's playing against hard men like Kevin 'Kandos' Ryan, he says that if they were packed down in a scrum & 'Kandos' moved his head the whole scrum would move, but apparently even though Arty was a bit in awe of 'Kandos', the great Jack Gibson said to Artie that Ryan never bothered him much when he played against him, as he had a bad habit of running into Jack's elbows! Different game before TV, hard men forwards need to learn how to hurt the opposition legally now, I think JWH will be alright, although I'd love for Artie to still be around to mentor him.

Comment

Remember when Morley was young? Before he came to us? A lot like JWH....

As to Ryles, he's gone, who cares? Nothing we can do now, and in any case, the youngsters need to start being the next leaders at some stage. We've got a few with rep experience. Let's look to them for a start.

Comment

i love the way our pack is shaping up but i do agree that ryles had 1 more year in him to help us transition into the next generation of frontrowers. cumulatively, mose, tasi, kennedy and JWH would sit somewhere around 70 first grade games. ryles on his own has 200. they have the ability but his experience and leadership for 1 more year would have been invaluable. he was also very very good at the end of last year which suggests that he still has it in him. whilst i dont know about save us, he would have been handy to have around that said, we need a united front and from all reports he was a little disgruntled so good on the club for getting rid of the negativity.

Comment

Working...
                                X