Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't see it

I just don't see us losing to Penrith.

I think they are getting way more respect than they are entitled to. Sure they have won a lot of games in a row but look at their draw. They waltzed through a bunch of losers while we have had one of the hardest draws there is. They got us in our traditional underdone first-round loss. If you look at their side only two or three would make ours. They have not been pressed by a quality side and they are in for a rude shock.

Before the Souffs game, everyone was almost unanimous in us winning the comp. That game was an aberration. Robbo's run to the GF always has a low game or loss in the couple of weeks running up to it. He eases up before the big push. In that game, a massively lopsided penalty/infringement and possession, as well as some key outs, got the better of us. Now everyone is putting the boot into us. Loyal roosters want to go to the gap. Whilst the result hurt that Souffs game meant nothing in the big picture. Robbo knows what he is doing and now he has pressed the "go" button for an all-out assault on the third straight premiership.

We will win tomorrow night.

We will win the premiership.

I am convinced of both.

Trust in Trent.

Go Easts.

I hope you’re right JT.
    Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS

Comment

Penrith played us, the Storm, Raiders, Souffs...all at home ONCE, meanwhile all the top 4 teams from last year had to do it twice. We have also had to play the last 4 rounds with teams in the top 8...Not that I'm saying it's a conspiracy but It's like if you are a successful side, they'll add a bit more weight, like a handicap so that success becomes much harder...Plus Penrith first interstate trip was the GC in round 11 when the Titans were still crap and their other 2 trips to QLD were in round 17 & 19...so they've lived a charmed life but it will stop! I believe Robbo has learned throughout his 7 years, the art of playing for a season, not just for a game so from time to time, we drop easy games like in 2018 and 2019. No different this year...I also believe Robbo holds the team back to have some new tactics that are only revealed in the games that matter and I am sure that we are about to see some crazy stuff from now on that will have Gus eating his words...

Comment

Well they say your only as good as your last game
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
          I just don't see us losing to Penrith.

I think they are getting way more respect than they are entitled to. Sure they have won a lot of games in a row but look at their draw. They waltzed through a bunch of losers while we have had one of the hardest draws there is. They got us in our traditional underdone first-round loss. If you look at their side only two or three would make ours. They have not been pressed by a quality side and they are in for a rude shock.

Before the Souffs game, everyone was almost unanimous in us winning the comp. That game was an aberration. Robbo's run to the GF always has a low game or loss in the couple of weeks running up to it. He eases up before the big push. In that game, a massively lopsided penalty/infringement and possession, as well as some key outs, got the better of us. Now everyone is putting the boot into us. Loyal roosters want to go to the gap. Whilst the result hurt that Souffs game meant nothing in the big picture. Robbo knows what he is doing and now he has pressed the "go" button for an all-out assault on the third straight premiership.

We will win tomorrow night.

We will win the premiership.

I am convinced of both.

Trust in Trent.

Go Easts.
          Love your work Tobin

Comment

i'd say panthers are unproven but you can only play what's in front of you. even if they haven't played the best at full strength yet maybe they'll go alright when they do. i can see them beating storm in the next few weeks.

can they beat us? they're a chance. can we beat them? we're the best, so yes.

Comment

As I thought at the time, the Roosters ran dead.Losing Friend wasn't part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                I hope you’re right JT.
                Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS
                You bet

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                  As I thought at the time, the Roosters ran dead.Losing Friend wasn't part of the plan.
                  That is my only concern.

Comment

It’s the annual ‘we can’t be beaten....we are the greatest....trust in Trent’ rant.

Keep up the great work Tobin. You seem to always be right.

One thing you didn't mention about Penrith is that they have had no serious injuries or long term injuries to any players this season. They have pretty much been full strength all year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                      Well they say your only as good as your last game
                      They also say 'wear clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus.' What if you go commando?

Comment

Penrith have beaten every team in the comp except Newcastle who they drew with over 3 months ago. They have conceded 70 points less than us and have the best defence in the comp. They have scored an average of less than two points a game less than we have. They are full strength and have had the same team for weeks consistently. They will be at their home ground. They certainly deserve to be favourites. I can't see us doing a number on them, and we will have to be very close to our best to get a win.
                        Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 10-01-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

That is my only concern.
                          Oh JT you ruined it - was such a good positive post - bring hope back for many of the disillusioned- and then you showed us a crack! Now the sky is falling again!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Oh JT you ruined it - was such a good positive post - bring hope back for many of the disillusioned- and then you showed us a crack! Now the sky is falling again!
                            Doesn't change my opinion though

Comment

Since 2018 when we went on this great run we always bounce back after a loss, and I’m expecting no different tomorrow night..

Class players all over the park and first week of the finals I’m sure Robbo will have them primed for a special performance..

My only concern is the lack of impact from Flanagan,he needs to run and take the pressure off Keary..

Here’s hoping he can do that

Comment

Working...
                              X