I just don't see it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the moment of truth awaits us.
    I look at the two teams on paper, and I see an even match up.
    So the only difference comes down to desire.
    Who wants to win it more - Penrith or Us?
    Do we want to win again, despite last weeks showing,, and nearly everyone writing us off?
    Are we going to play Semi finals football?
    It should be evident after 20 minutes of play whether we have turned up for the game, and I think we will
    And that is despite Sutton's best efforts to influence the result.
    Great to see the optimism of the other Chooks supporters on this forum.
    I also think the winner of this game is in the box seat to take out the title.
    The loser will provide nuisance value to other teams, and bash them around a bit, but will be eventually bounced out before the big one

Comment

I think Melbourne would beat Penrith in the GF.

Comment

I rate Melbourne ahead of Penrith as well. But the Storm are going to face either Us, or Raiders in the lead up to the GF., if it goes that way.
        That's why I think the winner of this Friday's game sits in the box seat

Comment

Fair call. The looser is probably n the cheap seats. Canberra and Melbourne bashes the Christ out of them on the way through while the winner gets a Parra/Souffs cakewalk.

Comment

It is going to be a fascinating battle tomorrow night.

We will be up for it, but geez we are going to have to be.

It should be a win for us in the end & it will place us well.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
              I just don't see us losing to Penrith.

I think they are getting way more respect than they are entitled to. Sure they have won a lot of games in a row but look at their draw. They waltzed through a bunch of losers while we have had one of the hardest draws there is. They got us in our traditional underdone first-round loss. If you look at their side only two or three would make ours. They have not been pressed by a quality side and they are in for a rude shock.

Before the Souffs game, everyone was almost unanimous in us winning the comp. That game was an aberration. Robbo's run to the GF always has a low game or loss in the couple of weeks running up to it. He eases up before the big push. In that game, a massively lopsided penalty/infringement and possession, as well as some key outs, got the better of us. Now everyone is putting the boot into us. Loyal roosters want to go to the gap. Whilst the result hurt that Souffs game meant nothing in the big picture. Robbo knows what he is doing and now he has pressed the "go" button for an all-out assault on the third straight premiership.

We will win tomorrow night.

We will win the premiership.

I am convinced of both.

Trust in Trent.

Go Easts.
              You da man

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                I rate Melbourne ahead of Penrith as well. But the Storm are going to face either Us, or Raiders in the lead up to the GF., if it goes that way.
                That's why I think the winner of this Friday's game sits in the box seat
                me too

i think storm or us will win it all

Comment

the young lions vs old, they will be full of energy and start fast. I think we should force a grinding game against them to limit their attack youth. Somehow I now feel at ease after last week and optimistic we'll win this round.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    I just don't see us losing to Penrith.

I think they are getting way more respect than they are entitled to. Sure they have won a lot of games in a row but look at their draw. They waltzed through a bunch of losers while we have had one of the hardest draws there is. They got us in our traditional underdone first-round loss. If you look at their side only two or three would make ours. They have not been pressed by a quality side and they are in for a rude shock.

Before the Souffs game, everyone was almost unanimous in us winning the comp. That game was an aberration. Robbo's run to the GF always has a low game or loss in the couple of weeks running up to it. He eases up before the big push. In that game, a massively lopsided penalty/infringement and possession, as well as some key outs, got the better of us. Now everyone is putting the boot into us. Loyal roosters want to go to the gap. Whilst the result hurt that Souffs game meant nothing in the big picture. Robbo knows what he is doing and now he has pressed the "go" button for an all-out assault on the third straight premiership.

We will win tomorrow night.

We will win the premiership.

I am convinced of both.

Trust in Trent.

Go Easts.
                    I like the way you aim up JT
                    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Working...
                    X