Our Middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Middle

Our middle just isnt the same this year and it showed tonight against the Panthers. We seriously miss the creativity and starch that Rads brings. Plus the back up Verills brings.

Its meant that Teddy hasn't found space in the middle. Its pulled Crichton into the middle leaving our right edge vulnerable.

We ran off the dummy half all night. I know we didnt have Friend but our 6 or 7 could have played pivot.

We didnt tire their middle at all and so they rolled through our middle and their halves had way too much time.

Good job by Lussick. Maybe Friend and SBW can give us something there next week?

Taki has hit poor form ...needs to pick it up
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

The closest thing to having that ball playing ability in the middle is SBW, we miss radley a lot, he brings enthusiasm and normally leads the linespeed. God if he was playing i honestly believe we would be a different team.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
        The closest thing to having that ball playing ability in the middle is SBW, we miss radley a lot, he brings enthusiasm and normally leads the linespeed. God if he was playing i honestly believe we would be a different team.
        Yea, im proud of they way the team responded after losing him and verills, but we are not the same without him he's immense on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Maybe he just got stuck there for a set, but Keary defended in the middle (hooker) at the start of the first half. With Freddy on the edge
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

No team would be unaffected if they lose players like Victor. It is a credit to us to still be so competitive given the injuries and disruptions to us this season. Our middle is not quite what it was, though, and we have to recognise and acknowledge that.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Before Rads injury he played a first receiver role in the middle. Surely Flanno or Keary can do this.

All game tonight it was one pass hit ups. It just makes it too easy for them.

I was hoping Butcher could play first receiver but i havent seen it yet. SBW can do it in spurts, as can Liu.

Comment

Penrith have a healthy roster, a young hungry squad and a little bit of luck which sadly we don’t have any of this year last night we were in it up to our eyeballs a lucky try and stupid penalty dropped ball by Naden led to the field goal.
                The defence is not like years gone by, however, the game has changed and has come at a terrible time with an ageing roster for us a rebuild is something that needs to be looked into, Radley back young Daniel Fifita needs to be in the squad full time next season, Angus has had to play in the middle because Robbo knows this it’s a glaring issue now our middles have he ended hammered with the extra workload this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                  Taki has hit poor form ...needs to pick it up
                  Certainly didn’t dominate the last few games like he has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
                    Penrith have a healthy roster, a young hungry squad and a little bit of luck which sadly we don’t have any of this year last night we were in it up to our eyeballs a lucky try and stupid penalty dropped ball by Naden led to the field goal.
                    The defence is not like years gone by, however, the game has changed and has come at a terrible time with an ageing roster for us a rebuild is something that needs to be looked into, Radley back young Daniel Fifita needs to be in the squad full time next season, Angus has had to play in the middle because Robbo knows this it’s a glaring issue now our middles have he ended hammered with the extra workload this season.
                    Yes Daniel Fafita will solve all our problems.

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post
                      Before Rads injury he played a first receiver role in the middle. Surely Flanno or Keary can do this.

I was hoping Butcher could play first receiver but i havent seen it yet. SBW can do it in spurts, as can Liu.
                      yep there wasn’t even a hint of 2nd phase play, one off runs by SST and JWH that weren’t bending the line, sure could of used an offload or two.

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post

And pass to themselves out wide?

Comment

Lindsay was immense. One of his best games
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                            Lindsay was immense. One of his best games
                            Yeah Robbo even hooked JWH for him?!?

As Robbo said... we did well to play ourselves back into form and the only thing that beat us was the clock.

We won the first ~15 and the second half. There was just this b@stard of a stint in the middle where:
                            - Pamfers had a lucky stint where absolutely nothing went our way (looked like the Souffs game but less tries and it didn't persist)
                            - Pamfers scored off what was either a knock-on or a VERY lucky loose carry that's somehow gone backwards the whole time without hitting a Rooster
                            - Panfers scored off a forward pass from Crichton to Cleary
                            - We pounded them in the second half, but they lay down on us with 15 to go, didn't get penalised for it, had a few lucky calls and the clock eventually ran down
                            - After being pounded, Penriff's 1 single point in the second half came off a gift of a 'penalty' that they fukked up, subsequently failed to score off and then got an opportunistic drop-goal at the end of it all

We were beaten but inly in that ~25 minute b@stard of a period where we leaked too many tries!!!! If we'd defended properly during that period, we woulda won by 13+ as the Riff did nothing in the second half.
                            Last edited by ism22; 10-03-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

The middle was not the issue, I do not think they were as good as they can be but they were still good enough for us to win the game. I thought JWH was not great today and Collins set an example that the others should have followed
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X