Our Middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

We could possibly say the same thing about radley in 10 years, fatherhood and football is ok. That's why we have young kinless lunatics like Radley and once weres like JWH.

Sorry, I just wanted to talk about Victor. I'm proud of the players who have stepped up thus year, and lussick has replaced verills well.

But losing rads has compounded the loss of cronk imo and I miss watching him play both sides of the ball.

GO EASTS
    Yeah that’s my point, JWH has grown up and has other priorities, we just lack an intimidation factor now.

Comment

Our middle was donated by 4 defendrs in every tackle. They have a gang mentality in defence.
      Jwh looked njured in the 2nd half. Not hitting the line hard but instead of loading to another forward.
      We had many chances to get on top but i feel our attacking game plan hasnt changed in 4 years. 2poo hitting up second run. Bmoz 3rd run. Forward 1 pass of the ruck. Bombs away to the corner.
      We didnt put any pressure on Cleary . he had a shit load of time every touch. His kicking game is a show to behold. Mild touch grubbers. Big bombs. Short precise bombs.
      ahh we had our chances. Now we have the hard road to the grand final.
      BRING IT ON

CLAP CLAP FAIDERS YOUR NEXT
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

We aren't pushing up in attack anything like we were in that golden run. The speed and energy just isn't there. It's baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
          We aren't pushing up in attack anything like we were in that golden run. The speed and energy just isn't there. It's baffling.
          When you take Cronk out who was the best general in the business & replace him with a rookie there has to be some downside.

Comment

We need to stop their go forward so their halves have less time.
            We need to improve our go forward so that our halves have more time.
            We can do this with our current players if our middle men are hitting flat footed defence or a retreating line.
            To do this, we have to have a) a pivot player (like Rads), b) some deception out of dummy half (a fit Friend) c) off loads and second phase play d) Teddy ready and waiting.

Comment

The loss of Radley in the middle has been huge, he leads our line speed and intent with his aggression. How many times we have pinned sides on there own line in our two premiership winning seasons and it just hasn't happened since he did his ACL. He is a special player in attack and defence and let's hope he will be back as good as ever next year.

Comment

Working...
              X