Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    News flash:
    Kikau will run over the top of Walker and Lam as well as Flanno.

Like I said...the smallest player in our future team should be 6ft tall and 100kgs.
    ie: our halves would look like SBW.

"How to beat Wests Tigers...run big players at Brooks all night".

How to beat any team...run big players at their small players all night.
    Cleary is not small.
    Big is best...especially under the new rules.
    Disagree with you on this post.

Big won't always be better if they persist with 6 again rules next year. Forwards may have to trim down to 105kg as maximum.

Halves should aim to be good defenders but their main skill is ball playing, game management and being strong between the ears, not biceps.

Comment

Don't forget Flano's lack of attacking ability also hugely limited Manu last night. We needed to get him early ball up against Crichton and we simply failed to do so.

Comment

I recall when Wing was playing half he defended one in from the winger- maybe have both Keary and Flanno do this to save them from the Bobbers running at them - Currently they either defend inside or outside a backrower with a centre and winger on the outsde- so in this case defend both outside both JMorris and Manu i.e from left to right side

Toops/Keary/JMorris/ Cords/ SST/Liu/Friend/JWH/Crichton/Manu/Flanno/BMorris- Tedesco at the back or in the line when required

Comment

Lam is an indecisive runner but will have a go and will run and pass to his right ..
          The biggest blotch on Flanagan was his pass to Morris who was bundled out ..if he gave it to Manu we wouldve scored .
          The coach has a problem right now..thats one halfback and a few defenders.
          Cordner picked up his game second half .
          Taki was terrible .
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
            Lam is an indecisive runner but will have a go and will run and pass to his right ..
            The biggest blotch on Flanagan was his pass to Morris who was bundled out ..if he gave it to Manu we wouldve scored .
            The coach has a problem right now..thats one halfback and a few defenders.
            Cordner picked up his game second half .
            Taki was terrible .
            I thought that was Teddy who passed long to Bmoz?

Comment

Really didn't see Cleary bust line or make a break....scored 3 lucky try's. Lets not blame him....our 2 heavyweights Teddy and Keary...both drooped balls while we were on attack...Think Keary threw hospital pass to Morris then in touch,that was the turning point...and yes Teddy and Keary made up for mistakes....take one mistake from the three...we win...No Jakes kicks or 40 plus tackles a game...Flannagan to stay for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                Not one run in a final. Not even one.

It makes us so easy to defend against.

Not one run. Nothing in attack.

That's why he was dropped before. Despite goalkicking it's probably why he will be dropped again.
                So Flanno is now your new whipping boy? After your record in bagging Iku and Collins I thought you might give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

So Flanno is now your new whipping boy? After your record in bagging Iku and Collins I thought you might give it away.
                  He has a very valid point... it's been a concern all year aswell especially when it's happening after he was dropped for that reason

Comment

The Roosters lost by one point because of a dud call by the Referee and everyone wants wholesale changes to the team. Thank god you lot aren't anywhere near the club's coaching team.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                      The Roosters lost by one point because of a dud call by the Referee and everyone wants wholesale changes to the team. Thank god you lot aren't anywhere near the club's coaching team.
                      Actually there were 3 dud calls that all led to tries but we are still well below our best and some obvious flaws but fixable. No use sugar coating it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Not a whipping boy but also not giving us what we need.

Thanks for keeping tabs though. I’m glad you care.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                          Wholesale changes? Hardly.

But if you think we can win a comp attacking like that you are deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            News flash:
                            Kikau will run over the top of Walker and Lam as well as Flanno.

Like I said...the smallest player in our future team should be 6ft tall and 100kgs.
                            ie: our halves would look like SBW.

"How to beat Wests Tigers...run big players at Brooks all night".

How to beat any team...run big players at their small players all night.
                            Cleary is not small.
                            Big is best...especially under the new rules.
                            Luke keary?

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post

He has a very valid point... it's been a concern all year aswell especially when it's happening after he was dropped for that reason
                              Chooks have scored the most tries and points so i'm not sure what else is needed - 5 last night as well - need to work on defence as individuals and as a unit - defence as a moving organism as Robbo calls it and attitude -focus for full 80 minutes

Comment

Ridiculous blaming refs and bad calls when we clearly didn’t play well enough and didn’t deserve to win. Our forwards got rag-dolled. We were out enthused. Penrith were bigger, faster, stronger. Calls will always go against us but this isn’t why we lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X