Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No way last night was on Flanno (and other thoughts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post

Thus Cronk has set the standard for what I want from the number 7. Radley debuted in first grade on fire, and continued improving. Collins only had a few rank games before he became a reliable and strong player... and so on and so on, but our glorious Flanagan is just a wet lettuce leaf that can mostly just kick well. I have so much wanted him to bloom, but the harvest season is just around the corner, and he still remains nothing but a stunted seed. It is in my opinion that he is simply a failed experiment/gap filler. Would love to be proven wrong, though there is more chance that when I wake up tomorrow the ageing process has been reversed. Nil.
    Collins was another of those players attacked by the arm chair critics as not being NRL standard for a number of seasons and now those same people are raving about him-what's changed - - Flanno is in his first full season of NRL doing something those bagging him could never do in playing footy at the top level - closest they have ever been is attending a live match

Comment

[QUOTE=King Salvo;n851343]
      Ask yourself if the result would have been different last night if Cronk had played instead of Flanagan, the rest of the team unchanged. We would have had order and direction and our attack would have relied on strategy, not just wishful thinking. Flanagan is not of first grade standard, and he is the main reason that we lost.[/

ridiculous post - look at the stats the halves average runs were 3 metres - it was not a game for halves to run - Chooks have scored the most tries so obviously the attack is okay and scored 5 tries last night so he must be doing something attack wise
      Thank you for your comment advising me that I posted something ridiculous. Perhaps I should simplify the rhetorical question for you. Would we have won in 2018 and 2019 with Flanagan at 7? Look at the big scores this season. You are telling me that teams who lost in big scoring matches, have by virtue a good halfback, simply because plenty of tries were scored. That old yardstick has been tossed with the introduction of the faster paced six-again caper. Your post is not ridiculous by the way.

Comment

Thus Cronk has set the standard for what I want from the number 7..
        Margot Robbie is the standard of woman I want.

But I suspect both yours and my expectations area little unrealistic.

Agree with original poster, Flanno did his job ok and is a good goalkicker.

To replace him next week with Lam would be unlikely to help overall and would also reek of desperation.

Comment

[QUOTE=MCMLXVI;n851356]
          Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Thank you for your comment advising me that I posted something ridiculous. Perhaps I should simplify the rhetorical question for you. Would we have won in 2018 and 2019 with Flanagan at 7? Look at the big scores this season. You are telling me that teams who lost in big scoring matches, have by virtue a good halfback, simply because plenty of tries were scored. That old yardstick has been tossed with the introduction of the faster paces six-again caper. Your post is not ridiculous by the way.
          Yes as the players were in better form and those teams had greater strike power- Mitchell is a bigger loss than Radley - JMorris and Manu are not Mitchell in being able to turn a game or win a game- Manu needs to do more in attack - 8 runs and 30 metres last night is not good enough nor his rushing out of the line and tackle no one defence.
          Last edited by King Salvo; 10-03-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Margot Robbie is the standard of woman I want.

But I suspect both yours and my expectations area little unrealistic.

Agree with original poster, Flanno did his job ok and is a good goalkicker.

To replace him next week with Lam would be unlikely to help overall and would also reek of desperation.
            LOL, I never said to replace him from today. I just expect a halfback to be much more creative and attacking than Flanagan. Don't lower your standards, you can win her over if you try.

Comment

Watch the game people, his attack was useless but really its irrelevant. It was the 2 or 3 tries that he cost us by poor defence, Whether it was getting up out of the tackle or being caught in no man's land having his outside players do his work leaving overlaps. If the riff were truly clever they would have put a lot more on us as they didn't hit out right side near enough
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=King Salvo;n851360]

Yes as the players were in better form and those teams had greater strike power- Mitchell is a bigger loss than Radley - JMorris and Manu are not Mitchell in being able to turn a game or win a game- Manu needs to do more in attack - 8 runs and 30 metres last night is not good enough nor his rushing out the line and tackle no one defence.
                I agree in regard to Manu always rushing out of the defensive line, but how come your opinions are right and mine are wrong? When did Collins cement a run-on starting position with us, similar to the starting position that Flanagan has? Collins was being tried and tested, and will probably be a starter next year. Massage the facts all you wish, I just have an opinion.

Comment

Some people have short memories. Cooper and Teddy took about half a season to get going, and they are top line players. Kyle wasn't the cause of the result last night, although he was patchy at times and needs to improve. Our forwards and poor defense were.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                  X