Flano officially gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flanno is average.

However the dogs problems lie in the pack.

Their forwards are garbage. Napa is meant to be their main man, and he has gone backwards at a rate of knots since leaving us.

Not a huge Flanno fan, but he is on a hiding to nothing playing behind that pack

Comment

• Originally posted by Steakface View Post
      Flanno is average.

However the dogs problems lie in the pack.

Their forwards are garbage. Napa is meant to be their main man, and he has gone backwards at a rate of knots since leaving us.

Not a huge Flanno fan, but he is on a hiding to nothing playing behind that pack
      Their forwards were actually quite good up against the Souths pack, hell they did a better job than our forwards did last week. Hethrington & Atoni in particular were really impressive.

The Dogs didn’t struggle for field position or possession they just had absolutely no potency in attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
        At least criticising Flanno gives Lam a rest I suppose - The NRL has a problem going forward if this gap between the top 8 and bottom 8 widens though
        99% of people have the same top 6 but with the injuries at the Chooks especially Keary there is a chance we may slip a little leaving a little gap from the top 5. Say that was the case then the teams contending for 7th & 8th on the current ladder would leave Titans, Dragons, Knights & Warriors. I don’t think there is a 8 teams difference. Dogs, Broncos Manly & Cowboys are the 4 that are in trouble all other teams can make the 8. Titans, Dragons, Knights & Warriors are all on 4 points the same as the Chooks & they are all playing each other this weekend. So it’s possible after this rd depending on whether the Chooks win or lose that the Titans, Dragons, Knights or Warriors could be in 4th 5th & 6th with the Chooks in 7th Melbourne 8th. The Raiders are in everyone’s top 6 but if they lose tomorrow they will be out of the 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Agreed.

TBH it's worrying that the game is turning into one where the team with more legs wins by 50+ and - significant portion of decent players are out with indefinite/season-ending injuries.

IMO there's also more scope for rubbish reffing to determine the result. If you ping one team more than the other then they'll lose their legs and be rubbed out. It's getting tiring seeing this happen every week. Moat results are cricket scores!
          Some sides are unwatchable and I am sure it shows in the ratings. They will try to fix it for that reason but the incompetence of those clubs is the cause and that won’t change.

My Unwatchables - Cows, Broncs, Saints, Dogs and Manly. That’s almost half the sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Some sides are unwatchable and I am sure it shows in the ratings. They will try to fix it for that reason but the incompetence of those clubs is the cause and that won’t change.

My Unwatchables - Cows, Broncs, Saints, Dogs and Manly. That’s almost half the sides.
            I will still watch the Donkeys cause I just love watching them turn to shyt. The only thing that baffles me is why they still get prime time matches and almost every game at night either on the Thursday or Friday. You wouldn't be the only one not tuning in to see a shyt side in prime time. It has to be costing the broadcasters.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Flannigan's lack of running game and willingness to take the line on was apparent last year with us. He struggled in our star studded backline and his shortcomings have only been further exposed with the dogs ordinary team.
              The dogs are paying the price for letting Des butcher their cap with back ended contracts and it's a fair warning that once you are down the bottom of the ladder it's hard to climb back up. Having to pay overs for players to come to a lowly side is fraught with danger as they have come for the money rather than the opportunity to improve themselves or win comps.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I will still watch the Donkeys cause I just love watching them turn to shyt. The only thing that baffles me is why they still get prime time matches and almost every game at night either on the Thursday or Friday. You wouldn't be the only one not tuning in to see a shyt side in prime time. It has to be costing the broadcasters.
                I think they are a bit stuck as the Cows like to play home games on Saturday night and the Titans too - leaving only the Bronc's as the team to show for QLD viewers as supposedly they have the biggest fan base in QLD.

When this second Brisbane or 4th Queensland side is admitted to the NRL that may change.

When only the Bronco's they had all of QLD and would sign stacks of kids on scholarships - Now kids have other choices 2 soon to be 3 other QLD teams and 13 other NRL clubs to sign with.

If the Broncos don't improve and the gap between sides increases (consistent blow out games each round) I figure it wont be long before they have a draft both external and internal one to they will say "even up the comp".
                Last edited by King Salvo; 04-03-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I think they are a bit stuck as the Cows like to play home games on Saturday night and the Titans too - leaving only the Bronc's as the team to show for QLD viewers as supposedly they have the biggest fan base in QLD.

When this second Brisbane or 4th Queensland side is admitted to the NRL that may change.

When only the Bronco's they had all of QLD and would sign stacks of kids on scholarships - Now kids have other choices 2 soon to be 3 other QLD teams and 13 other NRL clubs to sign with.

If the Broncos don't improve and the gap between sides increases (consistent blow out games each round) I figure it wont be long before they have a draft both external and internal one to they will say "even up the comp".
                  So the whole NRL bends to the Cows, the Tits and the donkeys? Doest quite stack up when there is greater success outside of QLD and a bigger fan base across 3 other states and territories. They might like to cater for QLD who yes, have a large fan base but surely that is at the expense of the larger fan base outside QLD?
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                    Flannigan's lack of running game and willingness to take the line on was apparent last year with us. He struggled in our star studded backline and his shortcomings have only been further exposed with the dogs ordinary team.
                    The dogs are paying the price for letting Des butcher their cap with back ended contracts and it's a fair warning that once you are down the bottom of the ladder it's hard to climb back up. Having to pay overs for players to come to a lowly side is fraught with danger as they have come for the money rather than the opportunity to improve themselves or win comps.
                    Part of me is sad that the dogs are now the dregs but then I remember the good doctor’s shoulder pads and get over it.

Comment

yep, love watching the broncs looking inept. makes up for those 90s years when they were unbeatable. hell i was happy when canberra and manly won mids 90s to stop their dominance . hope they get the spoon again.

Comment

• Jack Hetherington would look good in red white and blue.
                        ran for 120m in the first half alone against souths

Comment

I’m kind of the same.

Just as unbelievable is how often the Tigers are on 9. They are almost on my list too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post

yep, love watching the broncs looking inept. makes up for those 90s years when they were unbeatable. hell i was happy when canberra and manly won mids 90s to stop their dominance . hope they get the spoon again.
                            Imagine it hey but I think it might end up more of a dogfight between the Cows, Dogs and Sea birds.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I’m kind of the same.

Just as unbelievable is how often the Tigers are on 9. They are almost on my list too.
                              I’ve never enjoyed watching the Tagpies, Guppies and Cows. The Tits bore me a bit as well.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

I’ve never enjoyed watching the Tagpies, Guppies and Cows. The Tits bore me a bit as well.
                                i totally agree, just clubs who are true no soul. i loved watching the sea eagles vs meba tussles, admired the dogs grit, i acknowledge the flamboyance of souffs, the arrogance of the broncs, the development abilities of the panfas and raiders.

just sharks, drags, tigers, cows dont have that call to arms spirit , not sure why ? but i thinksharks may go better then some predict in 2021, dont get why john morris is under pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X