Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What position should Joe Suaalii debut at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
    Suuali apparently cleared to play and can debut in rd 3....
    Hopefully for the Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Proszenko for SMH on Joseph Suaalii
      Suaalii is listed to play in the centres rather than in his customary spot at fullback. However, such is Suaalii’s confidence in his ball-playing ability that he has already told Roosters coach Trent Robinson that he is capable of playing at five-eighth should the need arise.

“He’s pretty much put his hand up for all the positions in the backline,” a staffer said.
      1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6?

He’s be a handful at 6. Plus whoever played outside would relish the space he created and defence he’d draw
      He’s the wunderkind you’ve heard about but never seen play. As he prepares to make an anticipated footy appearance on Saturday, just who is Joseph Suaalii?
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Prop fo sho...

Comment

Great read.

There is obviously something special about him.

My main hope is he gets the time to grow into that big frame, injury free.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6?

He’s be a handful at 6. Plus whoever played outside would relish the space he created and defence he’d draw
            Sorta a point as I presume that's basically gonna be Lam's role at #6... to find holes and confidently run through them.

Suaalii's potentially 200cm and faster than Lam (forward, not laterally). Imagine him against the faders:
            - Wighton: 'striiiip!!!! Peel off boys the striiip is aaaawn!!!!'
            - JWH: [takes the tackle like a champ]
            - Suaalii: [takes a pass from friend then runs straight at Wighton]

I think he's more a winger and will probably end up a centre (or FB at another club when he wants $$$). However, the Drizz went alright using GI as a half for a while. It's an unconventional but somewhat effective piece of methodology.

IMO it would do your knees in if you're that heavy though. IMO little guys suit #6 better because their lateral movement's a lot faster, there's less of them to grab onto and their bodies are built for higher repetitions throughout a match.

Comment

If he does play it will be because of an injury as i can't see him dislodging any of the current players this season - Possibly of the Bench although it will weaken the bench as usually it's 3 forwards and a second DH- I know Robbo at times has picked an outside back on the bench but i don't think that plan should be revisited again. i.e Toops on the bench in the finals series in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                If he does play it will be because of an injury as i can't see him dislodging any of the current players this season - Possibly of the Bench although it will weaken the bench as usually it's 3 forwards and a second DH- I know Robbo at times has picked an outside back on the bench but i don't think that plan should be revisited again. i.e Toops on the bench in the finals series in 2017.
                Agreed. IMO if he gets his chance it'll be because Toops or one of the Morris brothers is out injured. When the Morris brothers retire, a spot will be available.

I don't predict long-term injuries but they way they play & train, I reckon those 3 will all need at least a couple of weeks off during the season. Suaalii could end up playing quite a bit of footy of that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Sorta a point as I presume that's basically gonna be Lam's role at #6... to find holes and confidently run through them.

Suaalii's potentially 200cm and faster than Lam (forward, not laterally). Imagine him against the faders:
                  - Wighton: 'striiiip!!!! Peel off boys the striiip is aaaawn!!!!'
                  - JWH: [takes the tackle like a champ]
                  - Suaalii: [takes a pass from friend then runs straight at Wighton]

I think he's more a winger and will probably end up a centre (or FB at another club when he wants $$$). However, the Drizz went alright using GI as a half for a while. It's an unconventional but somewhat effective piece of methodology.

IMO it would do your knees in if you're that heavy though. IMO little guys suit #6 better because their lateral movement's a lot faster, there's less of them to grab onto and their bodies are built for higher repetitions throughout a match.
                  when we signed him wasnt there some talk in the papers that they discussed they wanted him to eventually replace teddy at fullback and for him to become his protege?

Comment

I can tell at the moment Fullback would be his go needs the ball in his hands on the fly ..will be hard to control ..dont need Teddy the worst buy in the clubs history
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• I dont care how good he is I think he should play 12 games at least for Norths & put on another 5kg of upper body muscle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        I dont care how good he is I think he should play 12 games at least for Norths & put on another 5kg of upper body muscle.
                        that would be best. i'd have iku in front of him and maybe the 19 year old fijian at this stage. maybe he can play a bit at the back for norths and get some more ball. but no doubt he's a talent, one of those players who almost always beat the firrst tackle.

Comment

• Wing alongside Manu in the Centre for the next 2-3 seasons put a bit of weight and size on then slowly transition into Fullback after a hand-over from Teddy.

Comment

• According to Fox sports he is likely to receive an exemption from the NRL to play before age 18. Expected to spend some time in NSW cup.
                            Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serenader View Post
                              According to Fox sports he is likely to receive an exemption from the NRL to play before age 18. Expected to spend some time in NSW cup.
                              on the one hand you'd almost prefer they don't give it so he can get some games under his belt without too much pressure, but it's good to have the option

Comment

• ...13, I was ridiculed but I told yas he wants to partnery Keary in the halves .Help me here mate...lol .
                                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X