Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What position should Joe Suaalii debut at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing highlights of the Bears game & seeing him there is no doubt he is a talent but he did look on the lean side especially upper body. Even if he is allowed to play FG I cant see Robbo suddenly picking him in the 17 unless things are really grim with injuries. I think Walker will debut before Suaalii.

Comment

• Joe got rolled out to the media today, you probably seen it.

He is so tall and needing to fill out. Long lanky legs for that big frame, really needs time to build up especially to guard against leg injuries.

Hoping we take it softly softly with him even if this exemption to play is granted, which looks a formality.

Comment

• A 17 year old Greg Inglis playing Q Cup for Norths. Omen?

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

A 17 year old Greg Inglis playing Q Cup for Norths. Omen?
          You can definitely draw some lines of comparison. Inglis was "skinny" early doors, and who can forget Latrells dicky pins early on too. I panicked whenever he got tackled. They both developed more physically with age and top level training regimes. Joe will be the same but patience is required now including from the young man himself. He seems busting to want to do it all now.

Comment

• Wow this kid looks like an ultimate professional, so level headed. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him! This interview from today also gives an insight into his schooling situation and that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-W7k4amW8

Comment

• I wouldn’t call Big Joe skinny. More stretch
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Wonder how Joey Manu feels with Suaalii telling all the various media outlets today that he was one of his idols growing up, surely it must feel weird for Joey to be 24y/o and have a teammate list you as one of his idols.

Comment

• Still at least 12 months away. Thought he was solid in a NSW cup trial. Nothing sensational and but OK.
                  He could not even last the game with drink breaks. I would say he is almost ready for NSW Cup not the NRL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tedley View Post
                    Still at least 12 months away. Thought he was solid in a NSW cup trial. Nothing sensational and but OK.
                    He could not even last the game with drink breaks. I would say he is almost ready for NSW Cup not the NRL
                    I'd disagree with that and say he played sensational. 2 tries, hard carries, great defence and a try saver like that is a fantastic game. All bias aside in my opinion he was the best on ground. Classy player. But I do agree he still needs to start in NSW cup for a bit before first grade to get the miles in his legs

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      Wonder how Joey Manu feels with Suaalii telling all the various media outlets today that he was one of his idols growing up, surely it must feel weird for Joey to be 24y/o and have a teammate list you as one of his idols.
                      I read somewhere today that Manu is actually Suaalii's 'mentor' at the club...

Comment

• I really enjoy reading the comments on the Tele especially when those souffs fans are losing their marbles....Oh I think Jose should be playing hooker.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeddyGoat View Post

I read somewhere today that Manu is actually Suaalii's 'mentor' at the club...
                          ..and he also tells Manu he is gonna take his spot the cheeky bugger
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Wisdom dictates he should be introduced to NRL via the bench.

Comment

• Welcome back BB!

Hope you've been well.

Comment

• yep - bb's back. we missed ya

Comment

Working...
                                X