Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What position should Joe Suaalii debut at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get a new coach because we all know robbo has his favourites and might not even pick him until he is into his 30's.

Comment

I think he’ll be competing with Billy Smith & Jmoz for left centre or up against Bmoz for right wing. I can’t see him pushing Teddy, Toops or Manu out.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Presumably that's part of the reason he signed too?

Coaches and mentors at Easts...
        - Minichiello
        - Tedesco
        - Morris brothers
        - Robbo, Fitzy, Cronk...etc

Coaches and mentors at Souffs
        - Latrell (new to FB and not great at it)
        - Gagai (being shopped)
        - Jimmy the Joke (gone)
        - JAC (hasn't signed)
        - GI (gone - medically retired then headed to Stoopa League)
        - Skeletor (gone - no contingency plan), Burgarse (gone)

Chances of playing at Easts...
        - Pretty good once the Morris brothers retire.

Chances of playing at Souffs...
        - None as they're over-crowded with outside backs and always seem to recruit 1 or 2 more rep grade backs than they need. Likely to be shopped to make cap space as soon as a rep grade winger/centre comes on the market.
        - If he does play it'll be a a trial by fire, aged 17 at FB because Latrell's struggling with fitness and/or has gone fishin' in Taree.
        That last paragraph about fishing since when do you take a trail bike and shotgun out fishing? Hahaha

but let's not discredit south's too harshly in terms of mentoring talent in the outside backs..

Still affiliated with the club is Rhyse Wesser and Nathan Merrit .. plenty of ability in those 2 players.

Obviously still not on our standards in regards to quality in the outside backs mentorship standards.. but definitely no slouches in terms of aiming young backs in the right direction.

Comment

Little Joe Joe needs to play wing and learn the ropes for a while. Fullback and Centre are both difficult positions to play.
          Can swap with Teddy like RTS used to do with Mini if he really wants to play fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post
            Little Joe Joe needs to play wing and learn the ropes for a while. Fullback and Centre are both difficult positions to play.
            Can swap with Teddy like RTS used to do with Mini if he really wants to play fullback.
            If I’m the coach I’m keeping my 1.2M player in his preferred position at ALL times not swapping him with a 17 year old kid in the midst of a debut season.

Comment

Hopefully “ little joe “ becomes our Smokin’Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

If I’m the coach I’m keeping my 1.2M player in his preferred position at ALL times not swapping him with a 17 year old kid in the midst of a debut season.
                Maybe for the first year.
                Might give Teddy a break if we are up by a lot and give Little Joe Joe a taste.

It will be an interesting 3-4 years ahead. All depends how adamant Little Joe Joe is about playing fullback.

Comment

I agree with zac about not wanting to rush the kid in too early. Have him spending some time in Canterbury Cup, let him get the feel of the game and try a few different positions (fullback, centre, wing, utility).

Then, and only then, bring him into first grade, perhaps at around Origin I time and see how he goes. Either bench or wing would be the obvious positions to start. We want to nurture him - he is only 17 and we have plenty of time. We do not want to burn him out and risk stunting his progress because of some urgent desire to have him perform to his potential straight away.

I am sure it will be managed very well.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I think he is ready to dominate round 1... ​​​​​​

Nah, I have faith Robbo will bring him along in the lower grades and get him ready to have him play against men rather than school kids.

Probably mid to late season maybe before an Origin or when we play a bottom feeder who has a few out with injuries later in the season....
                    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Interesting that so far nobody has voted fullback.

What if Teddy gets injured? Would he be the next in line?
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

2022 at the earliest.

Comment

No body has voted for halfback so I did, otherwise I would have gone hooker.

Im hoping he becomes a strike potent centre with some mongrel/grub in him who can kick goals & not want to play in another position.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

The way Manu and BMoz filled in for Teddy , I would not rush Sualli into FB .

Comment

Should be close to an announcement and training with the boys this week according to Ready.

Comment

From the vermin website at 10.58am today.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have released Joseph Suaalii from the remaining year of his playing contract following the payment of a non-disclosed transfer fee by another NRL Club.

Comment

Working...
                                X