Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What position should Joe Suaalii debut at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    Welcome back BB!

Hope you've been well.
    Have been well, thank you...have fully recovered from the debacle that was last year...looking forward to getting vaccinated.

Hi zac.

Comment

• Good to see you back Bondi Boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        Good to see you back Bondi Boy.
        Thanks...Good to be back

Comment

• Originally posted by TeddyGoat View Post

I'd disagree with that and say he played sensational. 2 tries, hard carries, great defence and a try saver like that is a fantastic game. All bias aside in my opinion he was the best on ground. Classy player. But I do agree he still needs to start in NSW cup for a bit before first grade to get the miles in his legs
          For a 17 yr old he did a great job. For a NSW Cup player he was OK. That he did OK as a 17 year old in a Cup trial is a fantastic thing but doesn't make him ready for NRL nor does it make him an automatic selection in the Norths team. The amount he is getting paid may dictate that more than his ability
          He was not in the best 10 on the field by a long shot. Scoring 2 tries means bugger all when your granny could have scored one and the other was just as much about the pass as the good footwork.

I did like that he was not over awed and was confident
          Last edited by Tedley; 03-02-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• The kid looked to be absolute class. Although his two tries looked simple enough he showed plenty of strength and skill. The step for the second try was a thing of beauty. Imagine when JS has 50 first grade matches behind him!

Comment

• When he does debut I believe it will be on the wing
              We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                When he does debut I believe it will be on the wing
                for sure

Comment

• I’m sure at some stage JMoz and BMoz will miss some time due to niggles or just being rested so I expect either on the wing or in the centres.

Comment

• How good is it now to be a roosters supporter with all this talent in our new recruits?
                    Just watching Suaalii in action , the thing that strikes me is that prodigious sidestep, at speed, that puts him into space.
                    The last time I saw anything like it in Rugby League was when Graeme Langlands graced the football field, and he managed 12 years of test football for Australia, and with that massive sidestep, was a danger in attack right until his last test match in 1975.
                    I know its early days yet for Suaalii, but the potential is amazing.
                    The other guy that was overlooked in the bears trial was Naufahu Whyte- did anyone see that second try he scored when he got into the open?
                    He is a second rower and when he was in space he showed evasive skills in his running that would make a backline player proud - he has first grade written all over him.

Comment

Working...
                    X