No announcement yet.

All 3 grades on weekend game days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel very comfortable with the bears/roosters combo and having jt there makes it a real partnership

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      There’s talk of bringing back all three grades to Sat and Sun games. That’d be reason enough to get to the game early, especially with some of our young players coming through.

It’ll allow some to have a qualified opinion if a player is knocking on the door of first grade selection.
      Can't say I'd have capacity to spend all day watching them (with little kids running amok...etc). However, it'd be pretty neat! I'm sure people would rock up to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Can't say I'd have capacity to spend all day watching them (with little kids running amok...etc). However, it'd be pretty neat! I'm sure people would rock up to see them.
        They will have no more than 50 to 100 people turn up early to see them!
        Everyone else will turn up as they normally would , some an hour before kick off and some just before kick off!

Comment

Well I've been looking forward to this round one kickoff so much....and I'm out here at the SCG, not that many Roosters jerseys though.

Oh hang on...dykes on bikes, colourful parades?...its the Mardi Gras!

I'm a week early.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
            Well I've been looking forward to this round one kickoff so much....and I'm out here at the SCG, not that many Roosters jerseys though.

I'm a week early.
            haha. how'd it go? alright? gotta love the dykes on bikes.

Comment

I loved those days too, but it would be extremely difficult. Teams like Newtown would hardly give away the great atmosphere that Henson Park games have these days. The Queensland teams have multiple feeder teams each, so which one would play, plus they are based a long way away from Sydney. The Warriors currently have the Redcliffe Dolphins, but that could change after covid and they get a NZ feeder teams(s) (and also if Redcliffe get admitted into the NRL). Some (including us) would either have to re-establish their own reserve grades or in the the case of others, start up one. I'm not saying that's impossible, but...

Comment

So are we getting all 3 grades on the weekend? Or is it not finalised yet?
                Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I'm a week early.
                  Did you at least get lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    Did you at least get lucky?
                    Still not sure if I was lucky or not...so many clever costumes

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
                      So are we getting all 3 grades on the weekend? Or is it not finalised yet?
                      No - all bears games and roosters flegg games are at north Sydney oval. You may catch some triple headers at away games though

Comment

Originally posted by jacks fur coat View Post

still not sure if i was lucky or not...so many clever costumes
                        :d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

No - all bears games and roosters flegg games are at north Sydney oval. You may catch some triple headers at away games though
                          Thanks Chook
                          Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Nicola Tesla; They will have no more than 50 to 100 people turn up early to see them!
                            Everyone else will turn up as they normally would , some an hour before kick off and some just before kick off.

Agree with that assessment NT. The report looks like a furphey to me. Media over the years has had the effect of replacing the grass root suburban tribal rivalries with a sort of one off gladiatorial contest on game day. Few "supporters" would have much idea at all about lower grades and the attention span is just not there anymore though it sometimes takes just one or two players of exceptional ability to reverse that. Not so long ago the Pen would be just about full early to watch Roger the Dodger. Presently, I'd turn up early to watch the combination of Volkman and that little Welsh half, some of the fledgling forwards too.

Comment

one game's enough for me. i like footy but i like other things as well. but i remember turning up early to watch mitchell pearce when he was coming through the under age sides and i'd do the same for suaaliii, walker, and volkman.

Comment

Won't happen for the Roosters or anyone playing in the bigger stadiums. They have to jump through hoops and promise their first born to get 2 games on a ground on one weekend twice a year.
                                The keepers of the stadiums are anal about their surfaces
                                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X