Suaalii article in SMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
    Yeah Salvo I meant Gordon Bray. What a tosser. All that guff like, "Bill Blogs, a Veterinary Surgeon from Gunnedah....". Will say though that Scott Gourlay was one for the leather elbow patch but a very good player for Easts in his twilight much the same as Dick Thornett, one of the best second rowers I saw in the old game. How about Goulay's old man - "Robin"? Weren't too many "Robins" in League but he was tough as.
    Gordo (Gordon Bray) went to public schools though last one Homebush Boys HS- played for the Beasts (Eastern Suburbs) in Rugby and i think a Chooks fan? - Anyway Channel 9 have the Rugby Broadcast rights along with Stan and will show Super Rugby AU matches on Saturday nights and selected tests.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      When you were at training, were they playing any positional play and if so, where was Big Joe lining up within that shape?
      Wing. He was mostly following around iku and billy.. he was very good under the high ball, one thing I liked about JS is whenever he was tackled he almost always had an arm free for a offload if it was there... it was a good watch and I highly suggest it for you boys to get down and have a watch.

Comment

Oh yeah, there was one kid I think it might be one of those kids we resigned on development contracts.. was it tuku? He looks a powerhouse.. strong leg drive

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Wing. He was mostly following around iku and billy.. he was very good under the high ball, one thing I liked about JS is whenever he was tackled he almost always had an arm free for a offload if it was there... it was a good watch and I highly suggest it for you boys to get down and have a watch.
          Thanks for the intel. Be sure to look out for Mickie when you’re down there. He’s Wobbo’s left hand man
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Gordo (Gordon Bray) went to public schools though last one Homebush Boys HS- played for the Beasts (Eastern Suburbs) in Rugby and i think a Chooks fan? - Anyway Channel 9 have the Rugby Broadcast rights along with Stan and will show Super Rugby AU matches on Saturday nights and selected tests.
            also a qualified ref. Good to have at least one person watching the game with a clue about the rules

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

also a qualified ref. Good to have at least one person watching the game with a clue about the rules
              Don't know if Nine has Gordo signed him to commentate - knowing Nine they will have NRL commentators doubling up commentating instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

I thought you were gonna say that he always had his foot out when taking high balls, just to make sure nobody tackles him while he's in the air. Billy Slater style

Comment

The hype around this kid is immense. We will manage it better than anyone, but I hope we do, and not let the temptation of unleashing his freakish talent effect our judgement, as that could be detrimental to him and us in the short to medium term. We want to play the sensible long game.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                    The hype around this kid is immense. We will manage it better than anyone, but I hope we do, and not let the temptation of unleashing his freakish talent effect our judgement, as that could be detrimental to him and us in the short to medium term. We want to play the sensible long game.
                    It’s unheard of MRR, add to that Sam Walker, Sammy V, DSF, and hopefully young B.Smith overcomes his second ACL and Chrichton, Radley, Collins leading us in the forwards and into the future this team is going to look very different and I’m really looking forward to seeing them all develop further.

Comment

Just wondering how Big Joe fits his final year studies in with first grade training. Parra isn’t that close to training
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Just wondering how Big Joe fits his final year studies in with first grade training. Parra isn’t that close to training
                        The Roosters are training at Kings College, its in his contract.

Comment

Guessing he's not the first westie to train with our firsts during year 12. Wonder how it works out. Guessing he can:
                          - Do weights and cardio at King's (there's probably some national grade athletes who'll be faster/fitter and some rugby forwards who would be on similar weights programs so could challenge him physically).
                          - Go to Moore Park for a couple of hours each day for training with the team.
                          - Have a complete exemption from all school sports + extra-curricular activities (that's what saps up most of your time at private schools... I remember that I tried getting outta cadets by doing debating and then leading an inter-school debate with an argument along the lines of 'drug dealers like my friend opposite are [blah blah blah - personal sledging rather than debating]' so that I was branded as a liability if selected... they punished me by making me hang around as a timekeeper instead of debating... paaain!)
                          - Stay at their boarding house and catch-up on any work he's missed with a tutor or something.

Must s*ck royally for King's as they signed him to play rugby, he got too good and now they can't use him for any sports (presumably he's an all-round athlete who you'd want in your track & field team, basketball team, rugby team...etc). Good on him! Sounds like for once somebody's using the school rather than being used by it.

Comment

Working...
                          X