What needs to be fixed for 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What needs to be fixed for 2021?

Just thinking about this season and how we can improve and what things need to be addressed for us to be at our best.

1. The top of my list is we need a good goal kicker
    2. Discipline - with the 6 again rule, continually being ill disciplined is costing us
    3. Penalties - mostly offside
    4. Defensive strategy does it work with the 6 again rule?
    5 Halves? New untested combinations?
    6 Replacing Cordner - what will work best?
    7 Dummy half - who’s our best?
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

I was going to say the Senior Mandarins in my Department should be fixed and be shown the door - NSW Department of Education - mmm nothing against their country but we are being inundated with ex UK Civil servants being employed in senior roles -Deputy Secretaries /Chief Operating Officers/ Executive director roles etc.

Anyway

1. SST will be first need a few backups
    2. Can't afford to give away 6 again's or cheap penalties under the new rules as repeat sets leads to tries and tiredness as a result of having to do more defence
    3. As above
    4. As above -2
    5. Need to settle on a half pairing and not have one of them always always looking over their shoulder and worried about being dropped.
    6. Not sure what's happening there or if any one is under consideration - 350k to spend- external signing or internal promotion- don't need to spend all 350k on the like for like replacement.
    7. Friendly will be first choice and Verrills/Lussick on the bench - Friendly i think needs to run from dummy half and kick a bit more too.
    Last edited by King Salvo; 02-03-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Resign Gus

Comment

I thought only injuries beat us...the fact we like to start slowly and build up etc that changed with covid so we come back hard catch upand paid with injury price.
        now again we have new rules..so how to combat a super fast game which again will have a lot of injuries...you need 2 fit teams to compete this season.
        Roster alteration will be the key.
        The nrl has it wrong...you will need more interchanges again.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

we're looking as good as anyone. if lammy or sammy make the no 7 their own we'll be looking even better

Comment

Can't fix injuries.
            If we keep Radley on the field, the field opens up, and we will score plenty, again.
            We can only lose 1 of Jared, SST or Lindsay for an extended period, any more and it drains too much energy for the back end of the year.
            Lam will be 7, he'll go good, listen to what Fitzy said about him, I'm sure he's learned from his 'annus horribilis' and having to be behind Flanagan last year.
            Cords- irreplaceable. Sitili playing most of last year will make him a lot better this yr and hopefully his D deficiencies decrease.

Comment

By the sounds of it, one of Lam or Teddy will be the first choice kicker with the other as a backup as according to Fitzy’s podcast, SST won’t be kicking.

Comment

Not too much. Last year was a washout for us for a few reasons.

Two areas the coaching staff need to manage better this year are tactically under the new rules/interpretations, and timing our seasons peaks and troughs.

I think its an exciting year for us with some young up and comers hitting the scene. Also the return of Radley, Smith and Verrils is like 3 big signings in the off season. I love losing the favourites tag and 3peat pressure gone.

Expecting a big year for the good guys.

Comment

Simple. Defense. Some easy tries against us last season.

Comment

Errors and locking up the ball when tackling a player.. pretty simple. These are our 2 biggest flaws which hurt us last season.

Comment

1. Goal Kicker = Lam and Teddy with SST obviously as back up. Note both Billy Smith and Adam Keighran can kick goals as well (if they are selected).
                      2. Discipline - 100%
                      3. Penalties - 100%
                      4. Defensive strategy does it work with the 6 again rule = Needs to change, the defensive strategy fell apart back end of last year and I think the Roosters were stuck in transitioning from the previous years of play to the new “6 again rule”/
                      5 Halves? Keary with Lam at first with Sam Walker possibly coming into the mix and Lam becoming a utility sub option. Adam Keighran to provide cover for injuries and rests.
                      6 Replacing Cordner – Resign Gus and play Sitili Tupouniua on the left side (replacing Cordner) or vice versa
                      7 Dummy half - who’s our best? = TBC

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                        Errors and locking up the ball when tackling a player.. pretty simple. These are our 2 biggest flaws which hurt us last season.
                        Be interesting to see the stats on this - how many offloads per game by teams vs Chooks and how many off loads the Chooks do vs teams per game -be a fair difference i suggest.

Teams that offload always trouble the Chooks plus teams that go wide and then come back through the middle as some players don't adjust to this switch and are a tad lazy in defence.- ball watching

The two markers have to also be defenders as i think sometimes players go there for a rest and the speed of the defensive line needs to improve but not to the extent they are giving away penalties/6 again's.
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 02-04-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

The right side attack. Now that Flanagan is gone, hopefully Lam or whoever, can create space on the outside for Manu, Morris etc.
                          Unfortunately Kyle couldn’t provide that.

Can’t wait
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
                            Can't fix injuries.
                            If we keep Radley on the field, the field opens up, and we will score plenty, again.
                            We can only lose 1 of Jared, SST or Lindsay for an extended period, any more and it drains too much energy for the back end of the year.
                            Lam will be 7, he'll go good, listen to what Fitzy said about him, I'm sure he's learned from his 'annus horribilis' and having to be behind Flanagan last year.
                            Cords- irreplaceable. Sitili playing most of last year will make him a lot better this yr and hopefully his D deficiencies decrease.
                            Yes 100% & your season hinges on it no matter how good a playing roster you think you have.
                            On Rads I think it will take a bit of time before he is back to what he was, he will start from the bench I suspect after a few rounds & hopefully he gets better each week without injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                              By the sounds of it, one of Lam or Teddy will be the first choice kicker with the other as a backup as according to Fitzy’s podcast, SST won’t be kicking.
                              Any reason why SST wont be the first choice kicker and Lam and Tedesco as backups perhaps for when SST is off the field.

For Lam he is best to concentrate on half back play and cementing that role without the added burden of goal kicking - Tedesco maybe able to handle it although you don't want goal kicking playing on their minds and affecting their general play normally and or if having a bad day with the boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X