What needs to be fixed for 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Yeah, Bahrain’s got it backwards (no offence Stsae). Fitzy broke his leg just before retirement & now can’t kick without it “stinging like a bitch”. He said SST is a “high class” kicker & will be our 1st choice.
    So we can basically all agree that SST is the kicker and when he’s off the field? Scores locked at 12-12 in golden point vs the drizzle we somehow get a penalty 35-40meters out and 5 meters in from touch do you rely on option 2?
    I love SST and he was our best by a mile last season, when everyone was busted he carried us, I hope I’m wrong and this situation never eventuates but it will surely come back to bite us at some point, we need a fulltime kicker.

Comment

I agree we need a full time kicker. Maloney would fit the bill perfectly, but I cannot see it happening. Defence is our top priority - we need to re-establish the famous Bondi Wall.
      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post

So we can basically all agree that SST is the kicker and when he’s off the field? Scores locked at 12-12 in golden point vs the drizzle we somehow get a penalty 35-40meters out and 5 meters in from touch do you rely on option 2?
        I love SST and he was our best by a mile last season, when everyone was busted he carried us, I hope I’m wrong and this situation never eventuates but it will surely come back to bite us at some point, we need a fulltime kicker.
        Nah you kick for touch & then Lam takes the tap kick & he does a runaround with Keary then dummying to his inside man then throwing a ripper of a pass to Teddy who runs through a gaping hole & is in the clear when he suddenly looses his footing 15 meters out but he then gets back up & passes it to Tupou who passes to Manu who passes to JWH who passes to Friend who passes to JMoz who passes to BMoz who passes to Rads who passes to Sitilli who passes to Gus who passes to Liu who gets tackled 2 meters out with 10 seconds to go & the ref calls a knock on by Friend at dummy half but he captain challenges it & wins the challenge so the play go’s back to the 2 meters out, Friend passes to Butcher who throws a Hail Mary to Suaalii’s on debut who is 15 meters back up field trying to put his boot back on but catches the ball with only 1 boot on & attempts a field goal with 2 seconds on the clock but suddenly the stadium looses all power & the ground go’s into complete darkness for 3 seconds with the exception of a supporters camera flash going off. The hooter sounds & the ref calls time off. The ground announcer asks for the person who’s camera flashed as the field goal attempt neared the cross bar could come forward. After 10 minutes the ground announcer says they have the person who took the photo of the exact second the ball was going over the cross bar but as they are looking at the footage his battery go’s dead. The ground announcer then asks the crowd if anyone has a iPhone 8 charger with them?
        After another 10 minutes a little bald skinny dude wearing a onesie with smoke more cones printed across the front presents with a iPhone 8 charger so the phone is put on charge & the photo is looked at showing the ball on the outside of the upright ruling the no field goal unsuccessfull & the Melbourne Storm fans celebrate. On further analysis from the video ref it is discovered that Jerome Hughes was standing offside at the play the ball so the Chooks are awarded a penalty & they elect to kick for goal, so up steps Big Joe still only wearing one boot who attempts the shot for goal which hits the left upright ricocheting across hitting the right upright then bouncing down to the cross bar & the lights go out again, nah just kidding the ball lands in the in goal giving the Roosters victory.
        The Roosters fans erupt & the ground announcer announces that the goal was successfully kicked by
        Joseph Oneshoeonly.

Comment

I agree with many that injuries were the main reason for our finals defeats. But I concur that in this new game you really need 2 fit teams. I know in the NFL they have defenders and attackers as separate rosters. I think Trent needs to look at it this way and where possible have top class replacements for tiredness and injuries with backs and forwards as the salary cap permits.

Goal kicker and halves are two sore thumbs I think. We’ll manage ok for the season but in final footy you need exceptional performers especially in the halves and a good kicker can be the difference between a top 4 and top 8 placing. I see us maybe 6th this year and as a rebuilding season.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Nah you kick for touch & then Lam takes the tap kick & he does a runaround with Keary then dummying to his inside man then throwing a ripper of a pass to Teddy who runs through a gaping hole & is in the clear when he suddenly looses his footing 15 meters out but he then gets back up & passes it to Tupou who passes to Manu who passes to JWH who passes to Friend who passes to JMoz who passes to BMoz who passes to Rads who passes to Sitilli who passes to Gus who passes to Liu who gets tackled 2 meters out with 10 seconds to go & the ref calls a knock on by Friend at dummy half but he captain challenges it & wins the challenge so the play go’s back to the 2 meters out, Friend passes to Butcher who throws a Hail Mary to Suaalii’s on debut who is 15 meters back up field trying to put his boot back on but catches the ball with only 1 boot on & attempts a field goal with 2 seconds on the clock but suddenly the stadium looses all power & the ground go’s into complete darkness for 3 seconds with the exception of a supporters camera flash going off. The hooter sounds & the ref calls time off. The ground announcer asks for the person who’s camera flashed as the field goal attempt neared the cross bar could come forward. After 10 minutes the ground announcer says they have the person who took the photo of the exact second the ball was going over the cross bar but as they are looking at the footage his battery go’s dead. The ground announcer then asks the crowd if anyone has a iPhone 8 charger with them?
            After another 10 minutes a little bald skinny dude wearing a onesie with smoke more cones printed across the front presents with a iPhone 8 charger so the phone is put on charge & the photo is looked at showing the ball on the outside of the upright ruling the no field goal unsuccessfull & the Melbourne Storm fans celebrate. On further analysis from the video ref it is discovered that Jerome Hughes was standing offside at the play the ball so the Chooks are awarded a penalty & they elect to kick for goal, so up steps Big Joe still only wearing one boot who attempts the shot for goal which hits the left upright ricocheting across hitting the right upright then bouncing down to the cross bar & the lights go out again, nah just kidding the ball lands in the in goal giving the Roosters victory.
            The Roosters fans erupt & the ground announcer announces that the goal was successfully kicked by
            Joseph Oneshoeonly.
            Thanks Ism.. erm, sorry Mickie. Glad you brought your charger to the game and capturing Joe Oneshoeonly‘s game winner
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
            X