RTS News Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTS News Article

Good article on RTS and the potential premierships he gave up leaving the Roosters.

​​​​​​https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/sport/435...-rugby-bidwell

Thanks, that was a good read. I loved Roger and was devastated when he left us.

Comment

Yeah, there's nothing not to like with Roger. Was a very sad day when he signed with the Warriors.

Comment

"If RTS was good enough to claim the game's most prestigious individual honour - the Dally M - while playing for the Warriors, the mind boggles at what he might have achieved in a decent team."

Indeed.

Comment

Still got alot of love for Roger.

Must admit, was a little dirty when he celebrated his tries passionately against us... But I genuinely believe there was no disrespect intended, just a pure love for the game and pride of not only playing against the club that gave him his start, but also scoring a try.

But wish him nothing but success, his discipline & motivation alone are deserved of such.

Maybe Roger can chuck a Sonny and come back for one last hurrah when he's done carving up Yawnion.

Comment

Originally posted by FREEMAN89 View Post
            Still got alot of love for Roger.

Must admit, was a little dirty when he celebrated his tries passionately against us... But I genuinely believe there was no disrespect intended, just a pure love for the game and pride of not only playing against the club that gave him his start, but also scoring a try.

But wish him nothing but success, his discipline & motivation alone are deserved of such.

Maybe Roger can chuck a Sonny and come back for one last hurrah when he's done carving up Yawnion.
            Agreed... while frustrating, he gave me the impression that he'd simply bought into their culture (as captain ) and was creating a positive/optimistic environment for the team. This earned him way more $$$ than he woulda bagged with us and after what, 5-6 years on $1m a year he's now set for life.

Smart dude. Glad we got him at a bargain price as (no disrespect), IMO he's nowhere near as complete as Teddy and offers nowhere near the same strike power as Latrell. IMO we got the best out of him from our club's perspective then moved on (with Suaalii set to fly very soon... just like Mini, RTS, Latrell, Teddy...etc) Kinda odd that Robbo's so good with outside backs! Thought he was a forward?

Comment

If he stayed and played with a good team he would of turned out better then teddy.

Comment

I wish RTS well. He would be welcome back anytime.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                X