No announcement yet.

Play Sam Walker Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mean to jinx anyone, but Keary & Lam are not exactly Horrie Hastings type ironmen. Walker will get a go at some point through injury (or more hopefully Trobbo resting players) ...but Keary & Lam to start first grade, Walker to start year in reggies .... but will no doubt be warming up with the guys prior to the big games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Lam was a fail until walker came on ...Walker gave him room to work your look alike Drew Carey should never play unless we have 12 injured players but I know somewhere sometime he will come in handy.
      walkers on!
      So Lam gets a pass .
      Exactly right, lam didn’t threaten until walker combined with him.

Comment

I am trying to work out a nickname for Suaalii.
        Umm .................., let me think......
        I think I have the perfect nickname...

" Changa "

What do you guys think?

Comment

Walker is a natural.Can read a game.
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Crichton on Lam & Walker...

Crichton said his fresh combination with five-eighth Lachlan Lam was "building nicely", but he also enjoyed a great synergy with Walker, who replaced Drew Hutchison for the second half.

One highlight of the youngster's performance was when he whizzed a pass to Crichton, then backed up to receive an offload and score.

"It was very classy. That's the thing, you watch him play and he plays with a lot of courage," Crichton said.

"He throws those low-percentage passes and the majority of the time it comes off because he's got the skillset. Really cool head, a really good young fella and a really bright future at the Roosters."

He added that Walker, an Ipswich Jets junior who joined the Roosters last season, was "a legend kid and a really, really talented footy player with the ball in his hands".

"Usually he's defending me at training. I actually drove down here with him and he was saying he was looking forward to tackling someone else apart from me," Crichton continued.

Comment

Geez ease up guys. It was a trial, and one where he was fresh coming up against a heap of guys who had played in the earlier game. Give him some time to find his feet before feeding him to the wolves please

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                Geez ease up guys. It was a trial, and one where he was fresh coming up against a heap of guys who had played in the earlier game. Give him some time to find his feet before feeding him to the wolves please
                Fair call. Volkman was the flavor for a week and yesterday couldn’t find him with a searchlight.

The good news is we have some talented guys to work with.

Comment

Couldn’t watch the full game as I was flying into Sydney but watching the replay now... WOW!!!! Walker involved 3 times, left, right, left sides to score from an offload by Angus beef! Very busy both sides of the field like Cronk did. Lam is playing well too but IMO, he needs to play out of his skin because Walker is showing more at this stage. The future looks bright!

Comment

Yep. Looks like he is 12 years old, but sees everything on the field and will be a sensation in time.

The only hesitation I have is that I remember seeing Mitchell Pearce make his debut in a preseason trial at the SFS at age 18 and thought the same thing! He did end up being an exceptional player but with some tragic flaws as we all know. Somehow I think Walker is a lot smarter than Pearce. At least I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Fair call. Volkman was the flavor for a week and yesterday couldn’t find him with a searchlight.

The good news is we have some talented guys to work with.
                      The Volster did all right and was involved when required in the role he was required to play- his chip and chase kick was too long but right idea- if shorter as the FB was deep who knows. Anyway Volkman will start in Jersey Flegg and get some time in Canterbury Cup

Comment

It was a trial and the Raiders rested quite a number of their best players for the whole and more of the second half- They also had players that played in the earlier game on in the second half- If Robbo had any concerns it was the first half as only down by 10 - 16-6 flattered the Chooks . Turned around in the second half as their dominant players were rested.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

It was a trial and the Raiders rested quite a number of their best players for the whole and more of the second half- They also had players that played in the earlier game on in the second half- If Robbo had any concerns it was the first half as only down by 10 - 16-6 flattered the Chooks . Turned around in the second half as their dominant players were rested.
                          Biggest negative was some soft arm grabs in defence in the first half. Something for Fitzy to get right before game 1.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The Volster did all right and was involved when required in the role he was required to play- his chip and chase kick was too long but right idea- if shorter as the FB was deep who knows. Anyway Volkman will start in Jersey Flegg and get some time in Canterbury Cup
                            Hope he plays CC ...keen to see more of him.

Comment

Walker is also a goal kicker. I don’t want to add pressure to the young kid but he’s good enough. If we experiment with part time halve combinations and goal kickers we’ll be a few loses down before we know it. There’s a huge difference between a future Australian/SOO Half back and a solid first grader.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
                                Walker is also a goal kicker. I don’t want to add pressure to the young kid but he’s good enough. If we experiment with part time halve combinations and goal kickers we’ll be a few loses down before we know it. There’s a huge difference between a future Australian/SOO Half back and a solid first grader.
                                Walker is best learning his craft in the lower grades and being developed at training until he is really ready for NRL week in week out - People reading too much into his performance as i mentioned above the Raiders rested most of their dominant players for the second half and others they played in the second half played in the reggies game. It was after all a trial.

Big call saying he is a future Aussie half though when yet to play NRL as he will need to produce week in week out for several seasons to be in contention for senior rep footy one would say.

Comment

Working...
                                X