Play Sam Walker Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Biggest negative was some soft arm grabs in defence in the first half. Something for Fitzy to get right before game 1.
    Yes as that was basically the Raiders best side against almost the Chooks best with the Raiders forwards dominating the ruck and making plenty of cheap metres to boot in their sets. Stopping and containing the offloads as well still an issue.

Plus the Chooks struggled handling their bigger backs (Wighton for instance) and the same problem was displayed again like last year when sides go wide and then back through the middle the Chooks have trouble coping in defence with these switches.

All teams know this is a weakness and will exploit this weakness unless it is fixed.

Plenty of work to do before the first game for the coaching staff and players.
    Last edited by King Salvo; 02-28-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

walker's played just 1 game in more than a year so you'd figure a few games in reserves won't hurt. also lam was solid and with keary being more dynamic than hutch lam doesn't have to do much more than kick, tackle and pass well and take the line on every now and then.
      that said, walker has crazy confidence and the skills to back it up. if he makes a fist of it when he gets his chance we'll be hard to beat

Comment

When Sam does make the grade, he will benefit from having V. Radley beside him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
          When Sam does make the grade, he will benefit from having V. Radley beside him.
          Every player benefits from having V Radley beside them

Comment

Play Sam Walker Round 1

Maybe in 2022 but no chance for this year unless Lam, Keary & Hutch are out.

Comment

Walker was OK. I was impressed with his confidence but in a real NRL game he would have thrown 3 intercepts.
              I would like to see how he copes with a bit more pressure on his defense.

What about the dumb ass commentators that kept calling him in the Norths game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedley View Post
                Walker was OK. I was impressed with his confidence but in a real NRL game he would have thrown 3 intercepts.
                I would like to see how he copes with a bit more pressure on his defense.

What about the dumb ass commentators that kept calling him in the Norths game.
                In their defence they were calling off the team sheet they were given which was incorrect - have to remember a lot of he players they were calling didn't play last year and i struggled to know who a number of them were too.

Comment

[QUOTE=King Salvo; Have to put it into context that it was a trial game though and Raiders had some of their better players off for the second half .

While he was probably the best performing Half on the day, the side is seeking a 5/8 and as others have pointed out the Raiders' headliners were resting. He was also on at a time when you would expect everybody to be gassed (it was hot down there). He was certainly confident however and probably eclipsed Volkman in that department on the day. A bench spot can't be too far off.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game as I was interstate attending a family occasion. I would have loved to have seen young Walker play and a few of the other young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                      Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game as I was interstate attending a family occasion. I would have loved to have seen young Walker play and a few of the other young guys.
                      Some our young players are genuinely impressive imo. If we have a good run with injuries there is a lot of talent across the squad. Utilizing and developing the entire first grade squad seems to be a real strength of Robbo's.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                        you can still watch it on nrl.com

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

you can still watch it on nrl.com
                          Thanks for that Norfolk. I have something to look forward to watching now!

Comment

Working...
                          X